Paypal buyer protection is a load of bull.....

ShadowWalker19
Contributor
Contributor

My case was denied like in less than a minute for a transaction with a seller on ebay that scammed me. I did not receive the item. How can I be denied of getting back my money? what happened to buyer protection? I provided tracking information that proved my story and even offered to show screenshots of the conversation between me and the seller.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShadowWalker19 

Are you buyer or seller? Are you returning something so you had to provide a tracking number? And tracking status has to show delivered too in order to get a refund.

Is this a PayPal dispute or eBay dispute?

With PayPal, they want tracking info that show "delivered" whether seller (sending something) or buyer (returning something) anything else is just you said, they said. PayPal can't know how is telling the truth, photos/convos can be edited.

PayPal may still rule against you even if tracking info seller provided shows delivered and you did not receive your item.

If tracking info is fake, you'll need to get official documentation from the post office/courier and appeal the case.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ShadowWalker19
Contributor
Contributor

i was a buyer. I purchased a shoes for $70.... it was shipped the following day. my ebay account got suspended the following day for one of my listings ...Then I did not receive the package from the seller.It shows package intercepted when i check the tracking number. When i contact buyer he says ebay has the money and not him, foolish of him i thought....ebay refused to help me because my account is suspended indefinately.....paypal deny my case less than a minute when i opened a dispute giving details of everything.....the tracking number is 9405508205497307556800 USPS    see for yourself if you dont believe me 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShadowWalker19 

Its not that I don't believe you. This is user to user forums and no one has access to others' account to know the whole story like PayPal customer service can as a opposed to a bot who only looks for delivered status regardless of circumstances. You never said the shipment was returned, just said you didn't receive it and that could mean it was delivered and stolen off your premises which PayPal may still rule against you.

Contact customer service, if you can get through, to get your case reviewed:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Login to Me Too

ShadowWalker19
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker Thanks for caring and advising me. I just contacted them on facebook and I'll contact my bank as a last resort in the morning. I will let you know the outcome. Thanks alot, I really appreciate it . You gave me more help than paypal or ebay ever did .

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShadowWalker19 

You're welcome. Happy to advise. 

All the best,

Sharpie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.