Paypal buyer protection is a Scam! Ruled in favor of a scammer HyberStore - Search Youtube

kh0110
Contributor
Contributor

This is an example of scammers profiting from the coronavirus. And Paypal is unknowingly helping!!!

So much for a buyer protection when you rule in favor of a scammer, in this case it's HyberStore. The website is now closed and there is even a Youtube video posted by a victim.

I ordered a pack of Clorox wipes from HyberStore. After a week of no confirmation email, I emailed the company and got no response, obviously. I filed a complaint with Paypal who reached out to HyberStore. They then posted a UPS tracking number and Paypal automatically ruled in favor of HyberStore.

I checked the UPS tracking and it was delivered to a different person at a different location. I called UPS and they confirmed that I was not the recipient. I contacted Paypal and they refused to reverse their decision saying that it is up to me , the buyer, to prove that the UPS delivery went to someone else. The seller does NOT have to prove anything. This is not what I read in the Buyer Protection policy where it explicitly stated that the seller has to prove that the merchandise is effectively delivered to the buyer. A tracking number does not contains addresses, so not a proof. But Paypal refused to budge saying that I have to get a statement from UPS and UPS said that Paypal has to call them and Paypal said they don't do that...blah blah blah...

Result: Buyer got **bleep** by Coronavirus scammer with help from PayPal.

See this Youtube for more info on this scammer: <removed>

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @kh0110 

I am very sorry to know that but you can still file an appeal so we can take a second look at it.  It's good to know that you have reached out to UPS to get to know what's happening and that it was deliver to a different address and different person, now you are going to do now is for a letter or certification that this tracking number is not associated with your address and there is no need for them (UPS) to give other information aside from your address because that would be a security protocol on their end, once you have that certification you can file an appeal along with the evidence that i mentioned so it is very important that you have it. Otherwise, PayPal will still rule against you even though you did not receive your item since seller provided proof of delivery. Seller can't be responsible for the security of your premises.  Request for reopening of the case is being done by Customer service, please try to reach Customer Service via chat or email. To get there, kindly click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your 

country. Or, you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
Twitter: @AskPayPal
Note: There's a slim chance to get a timely response as we are in skeletal staff due to emergency.

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your
patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful. please enrich the community by giving me kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

kh0110
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm guessing this is either an automatic response or a copy/paste of a generic response.

If you read my post, you'd see that UPS stated (to me) that they DO NOT provide any such document as requested by Paypal. I already wasted a lot of time trying to get this. All they need is the someone from Paypal give them a call. But Paypal DOES NOT do this either, right? So, we're stuck!!!

Here's what is posted on your webpage concerning buyer protection:

"If the seller presents evidence that they delivered the goods to your address, PayPal may find in favor of the seller for an Item Not Received claim even if you claim you did not receive the goods."

A tracking number NEVER contains neither name nor address. How come it is considered as valid proof of delivery? 

How come the seller DOES NOT have to prove that merchandise is effectively delivered to the right person at the right location?

Is this what you called Buyer Protection???

Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @kh0110 

Thank you for your swift response.  Allow me to answer your question. First, We know for a fact about the security protocol of any shipping company regarding the exact address as to where it was delivered that information and who received the item that's violation of their security. What PayPal is asking is just a letter or a certification that this tracking number is not associated with your address that's it most our client was able to get that from a shipping company that information will not violate their security protocol.  

"If the seller presents evidence that they delivered the goods to your address, PayPal may find in favor of the seller for an Item Not Received claim even if you claim you did not receive the goods."   - that is absolutely true because our back office who is reviewing case of "Item never received" rely on the information that shipping company provided on their website if it shows delivered then case closed, but does stop there as part of the Buyer Protection, buyer is entitled to request for reopening of the case and make an appeal and present evidence (the one that i mentioned above) that could counter the evidence of the seller if they found that your evidence is valid then decision will be reverse into your favor.

I hope i was able to shed some light on this.  Stay Safe.

**** If you find my post very helpful please enrich the community by giving me kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

kh0110
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Again, UPS told me that they DO NOT provide the kind of letter/document you're requesting. They understand that you're not asking for specific address or any other private info, it's just that they do not provide such document. At least that's what I got from my interaction with them.

And again, your rule said "..delivered the goodsto your address".

But a tracking number DOES NOT contain neither Name nor Address. How is that a proof of delivery to a specific address?

Login to Me Too

Same exact thing happened to me too.... LITERALLY SAME EXACT THING LOLOLOLOL~!!!

I literally just got back from the post office and USPS told me they cannot

1. Provide the address where the package was sent, because it isn't my address, so they are protecting the information of the person it was delivered to. 

Okay fine! So I said "I understand, you can't give me their address, but paypal says if I get a document from USPS that just states the address it was delivered to was not the shipping address I provided in my paypal shipping reciept, then that's all they need to give me a refund. Can you at least provide me with a document that says that the package was delivered to an address other than this one?"

They said "No, you need to ask the seller about that. We can't give you any kind of documentation." 

LOL The seller's dissapeared. But they ARE communicating with paypal because they respnod by giving "proof of delivery" lol.. Yeah it was delivered TO MY CITY, but not to my addresss! The address it was delivered to was a different address from the one I gave. USPS themselves says i've been scammed, but they can't give me any documentation. 

USPS gave me a phone number to call the "postmaster" who might be able to help me some more... I hope that resolves this issue, but I'm just letting you know that you aren't alone. This exact thing happened to me TODAY too. Paypal TOLD ME that they would call usps to confirm it. They said they did and "confirmed that the package was delivered"!!!! Hahahaha, are you serious? yes the package was delivered, IN MY CITY , but not to me! You can't just launch a package with a catapult into a general direction and call it good lol. It's frustrating that paypal keeps insisting on this document... They could just call... They could just call like I did and get the answers I did... But "they don't do that", just like USPS "doesn't do that" in regards to documentation. So "no one does that" lol..... 

I'm not leaving this here because I hate anyone or am angry at anyone. I want you to know you aren't alone brother, and I want paypal to realize that there needs to be some kind of cooperation with the postal system for these kinds of issues and understand that the USPS will say, TO OUR FACES that they cannot give us documentation of where the item was delivered, no matter how much we beg and plead. 

Login to Me Too

The solution is simple right? Why doesn't the tracking number include the specific name and address? Lol. That woudl fix all this instantly right? You can't just launch a package in a general direction with a catapult right lol? 

Login to Me Too

Lol "Delivered to xyz city confirmed"... So the postman could have slammed dunked it into a basketball hoop and called it good? hahaha And I love how the first 10 minutes at the post office was spent argueing with them because they insisted the package was delivered. They showed me PICTURES of the delivered package PROVING that my package was delivered to the address on the box... lol... I had to nag and nag to get them to actually look at the shipping address on the reciept next to the tracking number to see "hold up, this is different"... Then they acknowledge I got scammed, they acknowledged I got scammed and that I was given a false tracking number. They acknowledged this and then refused to give me documentation of it, OR that that it was delivered to a different address. I asked for documentation that it was delivered to a "different address"... NO one's identity/info would be compromised, and they said "We don't give documentation to anyone for anything" 

Login to Me Too

kh0110
Contributor
Contributor

F*n Paypal DO NOT protect buyers. Period.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.