Paypal blaming CC and not letting me dispute

cornelius-k
New Community Member

I made a purchase on ebay for over $300 and was sent something that was broken and not as it was pictured in the ebay listing.  I returned the item to the seller and it arrived back in their country a month ago. Tracking verifies it was delivered.

In that time I started a dispute with my credit card on the charge, which the credit card company investigated and told me I need to resolve the issue through ebay and have the seller refund, but that the card company wasn't going to solve it.  They ultimately gave the money to the seller. 

I started a claim on ebay, and the ebay employee sided with me and said the seller needs to refund, and then they closed the ebay case converting it to a "Paypal Dispute".

There is no record of the dispute or the purchase in the paypal UI on the website for the corresponding account.  I've contacted ebay and they've verified that I'm in the correct Paypal account and gave me the transaction ID.

After 4 days of attempting to contact someone at paypal I got through to someone who looked up the transaction ID, and said it did exist despite it not appearing in my UI.  They told me that because of the dispute with my credit card, its not in their hands and its up to the credit card company. 

Credit card company is pointing to ebay, ebay is pointing at paypal, paypal is pointing at the credit card company, and I can't get a refund.  The dispute with the credit card company is over.  What do I do? When I tried to explain this to the paypal representative they terminated my conversation, and I'll need to spend another several days trying to get ahold of someone. 

Please help.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.