Paypal assisted a fraud stealing 600$

AdamKing21
New Community Member

First, the item was SIGNED and DELIVERED on 29/04/2020. Then the buyer opened an ebay return case, he confirmed there the item arrived, even sent his own picture. He wasn't satisfied, so I accepted a return. The item never arrived back, no tracking, so ebay closed the case in the favor of mine.
Weeks after that the buyer opened a Paypal case, stating he WASN'T EVEN RECEIVED the item. I added the UPS tracking in the case, showing it was signed and delivered, and also linked the ebay case where he CONFIRMED THAT IT WAS IN HIS HANDS...
Despite that Paypal closed the case in the favor of the buyer, saying I can't prove the item arived. I appealed, added many print screen photos from the tracking, from the Ebay case, from our conversations, but Paypal still closed the appeal case and didn't change the outcome.
After that I spoke with customer support, the most I could get was:
"I realise that this is not the outcome you would have wished for and I know it may not meet with your approval but I do hope you will understand that this decision was made, in accordance with our company policy. While I cannot change this I will make sure you objection is duly recorded."

So now basicly the buyer stole a 600$ basketball card from me with the assistance of paypal and it's horrendous decision making.
What can I do now? I'm planning a police report, but first I would like to go further with Paypal, I just don't know how?
Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.