Paypal asks tracking code of digital goods

frequent_buyer
New Community Member

I made dispute of purchase of digital goods (software download, the product was not as described). In the fields I think it specifically asked if the product is digital goods and I selected YES. I also described this very well in my dispute description.

Process continued and Paypal determined that I'm eligible for full refund.

Then the system asked tracking code of the product. How I can provide that, when nothing physical was sent to me? In the dispute ticket, there's no fields to explain this. Only thing I can submit is the tracking code.

I sent few days ago message to Paypal and explained this. Got just automatic reply, I guess they haven't read it yet.

Paypal reminds me to submit tracking code. Then I sent fake tracking code "does_not_apply" and in the description field I told I cannot send tracking code because of the reasons above.

Now I got message from Paypal:

"We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because we did not receive valid proof or tracking that you returned the merchandise.".

So... what's next?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi frequent_buyer,

I'm very sorry to hear what's happened regarding your dispute, I understand how frustrating this situation can be.

Based on what you've said, it sounds like you've filed a case for Significantly Not As Described. Although this would be the correct case for your situation, there is no buyer protection related to digital goods. This means that the case would be resolved in the seller's favor unless a tracking number was provided for the returned item (which I understand doesn't apply in your situation).

Due to this, the only option at this point would be to work with your bank or card company used to pay for the transaction to see what options they may have to help. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I hope the issue is resolved soon.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.