Paypal asking for USPS intranet tracking report as proof for online scam

Naveensmb
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an online order for bike with Hua Feng Trading Inc on June 20th, there was no delivery date confirmed by seller nor response to mail.

Raised dispute with Paypal, they updated a USPS tracking # provided by seller and closed the dispute in favor of seller. 

Re-opened the dispute with paypal, they asked to get USPS intranet tracking report to prove I have not received the shipment. USPS is not agreeing to provide this report stating it's cannot provide to public. Upon request, they provided photo on mobile showing the tracking # and destination address which was different then my residence.

Paypal says cannot accept photo, instead will need complete report knowing the fact it cannot be obtained by public.

Finally reported the issue to my credit card company, they raised dispute against Paypal & have credited back the money.

Why cannot Paypal ask the seller to provide USPS tracking report to prove it shipped to right address instead of asking the end customer/retailer like me to prove I have not received the shipment. Is Paypal really serious in protecting the customers against fraudsters or favoring the dubious sellers ? 

Just posting my experience so that it can benefit others before making transactions with these fraud sellers & how loopholes in Paypal rules/policies is used by some shady companies to cheat customers.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

yeah i was scammed as well earlier this month and have sent 5-6 pieces of proof but they insist it is not enough proof.  The scammers have figured this loophole out and are exploiting people.  PayPal does not read it's own community messages and do not care about the injustice of their system.  I will never use paypal again and will (and currently am) pro actively spread the word about their short sighted practices.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I am tired of wasting time fighting this, it's time to take action that will move PayPal to do something about this scam!  Lets gather some folks together and file a class action lawsuit against PayPal.  If interested, please contact me:  [removed]

it's a gmail account.

There are damages aside from the being scammed, such as the hours of spent getting the right documents, visits to the post office, and the psychological damages incurred among many other damages.

I have lawyers that will take this but it would help to have a critical mass.

Login to Me Too

DoloresS
Contributor
Contributor

Interested! 

Login to Me Too

vando44
Contributor
Contributor

Interested!  I have been round and round with Paypal about the same thing!  USPS provided me with a letter on their letterhead stating that the tracking number provided was for a package delivered to a different address.  I will see if it is sufficient.  I do not have my hopes up.

Login to Me Too

rhonda53

i think im in the same boat...headed to my local uspo now, to find out their version of this.  i too have delivery tracking # that is verified as not my address...paypal wants proof...!!!

Login to Me Too

Martucci
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same song and dance from PayPal. Does not work. Scammed X2. Ordered chairs. 2 Small covers delivered to mailbox.  PayPal said tracking # was not right address. Therefore no chairs no refund. Now no more PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

karebear78
Contributor
Contributor
I agree. I'm still fighting them on my dispute and yea they just told me the same thing, about needing the info from the postal service. This is ridiculous. They won't accept the tracking info we can give them and make us go farther looking for stuff instead of making the seller do their job to defend themselves.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Just to save you some time -- I was put through the same thing.  That document doesn't exist and you will not be able to obtain it. You will realize this after several frustrating back and forth round trips with USPS and Paypal.  Your best bet is to go through your bank or credit card and dispute the transaction directly.

Login to Me Too

Paul312
I am interested. I find myself in the same situation and I am so **bleep** at PayPal because I thought they would protect the buyers rather than supporting scammers out there .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.