Paypal asking for USPS intranet tracking report as proof for online scam

Naveensmb
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an online order for bike with Hua Feng Trading Inc on June 20th, there was no delivery date confirmed by seller nor response to mail.

Raised dispute with Paypal, they updated a USPS tracking # provided by seller and closed the dispute in favor of seller. 

Re-opened the dispute with paypal, they asked to get USPS intranet tracking report to prove I have not received the shipment. USPS is not agreeing to provide this report stating it's cannot provide to public. Upon request, they provided photo on mobile showing the tracking # and destination address which was different then my residence.

Paypal says cannot accept photo, instead will need complete report knowing the fact it cannot be obtained by public.

Finally reported the issue to my credit card company, they raised dispute against Paypal & have credited back the money.

Why cannot Paypal ask the seller to provide USPS tracking report to prove it shipped to right address instead of asking the end customer/retailer like me to prove I have not received the shipment. Is Paypal really serious in protecting the customers against fraudsters or favoring the dubious sellers ? 

Just posting my experience so that it can benefit others before making transactions with these fraud sellers & how loopholes in Paypal rules/policies is used by some shady companies to cheat customers.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

vkandukuri
Contributor
Contributor

I think they are are together in this., its waste of our time to fight for our money. 

I saw the ad on facebook and booked something and got scammed, i reported the issue to fb as well, but they have also denied my case and they said nothing wrong in the ad,

Login to Me Too

Johny1958
Contributor
Contributor
I’m also interested!
Login to Me Too

MelAl
Contributor
Contributor

Just got back from USPS and was told the same thing. They won't provide any type of report stating that the shipment went to a different address.  They also said PayPal must initiate the inquiry.  The scammers know Paypal won't do anything and they also know that USPS wont provide the street address due to security concerns.  So when PayPal sends an inquiry to USPS, USPS responds that the package was delivered to the correct town and zip code. That is enough for PayPal to deny your claim.  The scammers have figured this out. You can once again dispute PayPal's denial, but they again require a report from USPS stating the package was NOT delivered to your street address.  USPS wont do this. So, you're caught in the middle.  I have also disputed it with my bank and they are investigating.      

Login to Me Too

OldRedneck
New Community Member

What's sad is like you I too have had this issue. I reached out to paypal and what I had to say was not taken into account they backed the seller. Why? Because they provided a tracking number that showed delivered.  I ordered a grill, weighs approx 98 lbs. The tracking number was for a package that weighed 1.5 lbs. It was left at reception and signed for. 

All PayPal had to do was look and see #1 the vast difference in weights. #2 look and see that I live in a house (google maps) and there is no reception area. #3. called me, emailed me etc about the case. Frankly I will never use paypal again for any purchase because of their lack of helping to protect me from fraud. I am now out over three hundred and fifty dollars.  If anyone with PayPal would reach out and listen to me they would see and understand I did not get my product and the seller should repay me in full.

Login to Me Too

DoloresS
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure what form of payment you used through paypal but I do know some credit card companies will research this and credit you.  So it is an alternate route around paypal.  I for one have reached out to the card I used through paypal and they are now investigating this matter. 

Login to Me Too

rhonda53

me exactly...mine was lawn mower...package delivered to accross town address weighed 3 ounces!  What the heck?!

Login to Me Too

Paul312
Same with me, bought a lawnmower from online. The website was gainment.top , and the only reason I bought something in the website was because they accepted PayPal since I had a gut feelings they probably are scammers . Lo and behold they were scammers , took my money. I never received the item and PayPal supported them. It’s a real shame , I will never use PayPal again .
Login to Me Too

DoloresS
Contributor
Contributor

This exact thing has happened to me, I was buying a patio swing for my granddaughter.  I took a screen shot as I was placing the order since it was a site I never used before so at least I have a picture of the item I was purchasing and the amount.  When the authorization came through paypal it was for $98.90 but the scammers only took $98, which in my opinion should of been a red flag for paypal, since clearly this has happened to others. Though thankful the post master was willing to give me tracking proof that it was not sent to the address on the order and that a 150lb swing would not fit in a 10oz envelope, Paypal is still insisting on a intranet form which USPS does not provide. The fact that paypal is still requesting something that they clearly know will not be capable of producing.  As far as I'm concerned this clearly shows paypal is willing to take the side of scammers verses a customer therefore they are part of the scam as well. To make a customer jump through hoops to recover their money while scammers only have to send a fake tracking number is disgraceful. I will find another form of paying for items in the future because now I feel paypal cannot be trusted either. I still have not received my refund and they keep stating be patient and everyday around 4PM they send me another message stating to produce intranet form even though I have produced a documentation showing where the envelope was sent and the weight.  What I do know that my credit card company will help me recover this money if paypal will not! 

Login to Me Too

DoloresS
Contributor
Contributor

I'm glad to say I won my case and have been refunded my money.  I recommend everyone who comes across this problem, contact the local post office and ask for the post master as it was those tracking documents which assisted me in winning and proving my case.  Also I put a claim in with my credit card company as well therefore they were asking from Paypal to do more than just make me chase around after proof, they were making paypal make the seller/scammer prove there case which clearly they could not.  

Very happy with the outcome and wish you all the best of luck in resolving your cases.

Login to Me Too

Ridiculicious

I have this same issue, dispute closed after seller posted USPS tracking number showing delivery but no address. I trekked down to post office to have them print out a copy of the tracking number to show that it wasn't delivered to the right address. I submitted this as a message to reopen the dispute, because how else are you going to prove USPS tracking information without scanning it in, since it's not publicly available? Between the USPS and Paypal not adequately dealing with these tracking number disputes from them, it's no wonder all the scam sellers ship through them.  It's ridiculous that we can't add this information during the dispute process. Bottom line: the dispute process and buyer protection is a total scam.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.