Paypal asking for ID which I don't have.

JordanNS
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys!

I am having an issue that is seriously about to make me never use paypal again. I have been asked to prove my address with paypal and I am having a huge issue. I have been asked for Government ID and a Utility bill. I have sent in a Utility Bill but I live with my parents so it is under my mothers name. They won't accept the Utility bill and are asking for Government ID. Government ID is giving me the option of either sending them my Passport (Which I do not have as I have never left the country) and/or my Drivers Licence (Which I also do not have because I do not drive). I becoming quite irritated as I have emailed them and all I got back is, "Please send us your Passport or Drivers Licence for Government ID". Please tell me what to do.

Regards, Jordan.

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

KMAPALPY
Contributor
Contributor

PIA PAL lists 3 docs

i dont have and open'd bank accounts

Login to Me Too

Sigint48
They wont let me use my account from a limitation that came from no.where. No notice given, took me a while to.figure it out. My lisense expired by a few months cause i have cancer , and the DMV is still messed up in my area. They **bleep** me. My funds on there are for a doc. Apt. Its a life or death matter. And the things they want [ID] i cannot get. Ontop of the fact that i sent 10 other documents proving my identity clearly. This is going to kill me in the end. I already reached lut to a government agency that has authority over them. Saying they are preditory . He has hundreds if bot thousands of peoples acounts of what happened because of what they did and didnt do in a pandemic. And a suprising amount are experiencing a similar issue to mine with more than a dozen dead due to frozen assets because they needed the $ for something urgent wuch as Medicine, and died because PayPal "Robbed and neglected the safty of funds during a pandemic leaving many vulnerable. Its disgusting.
Login to Me Too

Mackavetray
Contributor
Contributor
Ok well I made my PayPal couple years ago and I use my address fast forward to now there asking me to confirm my address that's on my PayPal acct. I now live in a different house with different address and all I sent in my new address and it's not confirming it how do I update my address on my account
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mackavetray

Depends what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cheryl87

This is exactly the problem I have, they've had a few hundred pounds if my money for months now. I've look into this and it's illegal to do that in the uk and they are using American law. They already have my bank account details which is proof of address and identification- I've been using the same bank account for years, so I doubt they can say it's stollen, plus everything I buy comes to my address. I think what there doing is stealing money off people, and making a lot of money from the interest alone. I've contacted them but they just send you round in circles with blanket email responses. 

Ive contacted the trading standards in the uk and have ask for a full investigation into this, along with the government as part of the prime minister questions scheme,  as well as a few newspapers journalists that I studied with that work for major newspapers for them to look into this and do an exposé. It would be intersting to find out how much money they are stealing off people each year. There are loads of people that are writing about this on the web and it could amount to millions. 

as far as I can see there is no way for me to get my money back, we don't have government Id in this country and my passport is in my married name and slightly out of date, plus as a women there is no way I'm sending my photos to a bunch of strangers I've already had a stalker and they have no legal right to ask for it, I'm not standing right in front of them so how can they tell it's me, PayPal are not a bank I have not borrowed any money from them and they make money of me from using the account. If I got a new passport I would have to pay a hundred pounds to get a new passport which I don't need right now. 

Login to Me Too

Itsmemat
New Community Member

For anyone still having this problem there is only one thing I know about that you can do. Wait 180 days, yes ,they have this thing that they can only block your account for up to 180 days so.. yeah.. 

Login to Me Too

Carljohn81
Contributor
Contributor
So is this true can only keep for 180 days and after that have to release it to u
Login to Me Too

This paypal is a big scam guys dont use it
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cherryannsican

Yet you have a valid and ongoing Paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carljohn81 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds.

That is as long as your paypal account is in your legal name and you are over 18 when you reach 180 days.

Then you should get an email from paypal telling you that you can withdraw your funds.

If you don't then give customer services a call and request the option to withdraw to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.