Paypal asking for ID which I don't have.

JordanNS
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys!

I am having an issue that is seriously about to make me never use paypal again. I have been asked to prove my address with paypal and I am having a huge issue. I have been asked for Government ID and a Utility bill. I have sent in a Utility Bill but I live with my parents so it is under my mothers name. They won't accept the Utility bill and are asking for Government ID. Government ID is giving me the option of either sending them my Passport (Which I do not have as I have never left the country) and/or my Drivers Licence (Which I also do not have because I do not drive). I becoming quite irritated as I have emailed them and all I got back is, "Please send us your Passport or Drivers Licence for Government ID". Please tell me what to do.

Regards, Jordan.

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

Jakebarnes
Contributor
Contributor
So, i have a few problems. 1. I only just learned about having to prove my ID and all that jazz, but upon realising this ive noticed that my age is 1 year higher???? I was born in 2001 and couldve sworn i put that when signing up but it says 2000?? So if i give them my ID it will say 2001, have they changed this or just a common error? 2. After 180 days will i be able to receive my funds???? Somebody sent £100 via F&F and then they tell me i cant have it???!? Why?!?!?! Im so sick if this lying corporate site. They suck every last penny out of you. Just wish we had a pay and receive service that was simple and straightforward. After these 180 days are over and i receive my money, im not using this scummy site again. Thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Schae

@Jakebarnes

Thank you for posting!

It certainly sounds like you you've had some trouble with your account, I'm sorry about that. It's possible that the wrong number was selected when signing up, sometimes this can happen when entering data quickly. To get your date of birth edited, you would need to give customer service a call. They may have the option to run a verification tool to update your date of birth. To call us, please visit our website and click on the Contact option at the bottom of the page. 

If the funds in your account are eligible for withdrawal after 180 days, you should receive an email from PayPal advising you to attempt the withdrawal. Should the hold be up sooner, you will be alerted via email as well. If you have trouble at that time, please get in contact with us to see what options will be available. A 180-day hold is usually associated with a limited account. A limited account can hinder you from sending and receiving funds because those activities must be restricted until the limitation is resolved. If the limitation is permanent, then sending and receiving money may not be an option at all due to regulatory rules.

I hope this information helped clarify the issues you are facing! Thank you.

-Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

Jakebarnes
Contributor
Contributor
What happens if i just leave the notice alone and dont resolve the questions?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cheryl87 

Its not illegal, paypals user agreement is approved by every countries financial regulators in each country that they operate and was approved by the FSA in the UK.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Maelaine
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. My employer wants to use PayPal because she trusted it so much but because of this ID requirements I cannot withdraw my salary. and there is no way I'll be getting those IDs . To process those ID requirements will take over a month or two and I need to withdraw my funds by the end of this month for my utilities and necessities. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maelaine

Is it possible you can 'send' the funds to a trusted family member or friend that can withdraw funds from their paypal account and then give you the cash?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Maelaine
Contributor
Contributor

nope, every thing about withdrawing, transferring, paying and such are limited access

Login to Me Too

Unhappy13
Contributor
Contributor

The worst thing is you will have to wait 6 months to get "YOUR" money out. Then after you do they still do not allow you to close your account or unlink your banking info. That is bull to me. They say I am banned for life too and never gave a reason for any of it. I did send in all the info they wanted til they kept adding more and more on. I sent my Government ID and everything. Then they wanted Credit card statements. That is where I thought nope that was none of their business not even my bank asks for that for any reason. I to think they **bleep** people over and then sit on the money for 6 months for the interest. I do know they had lost a civil suit years ago.

Login to Me Too

RedEagle1
New Community Member

Im trying to send money to someone in the EU, but i have to link a bunch of document, my brother had a paypal account like 2-3 years ago, and he didnt have to link any legal documents, and i also had a paypal account a year ago, and all i did was just link a credit card and that was it, no ID verification, nothing, but i later on ended up deleting it, now i am trying to link a visa gift card for 55$ that i got as a gift, the whole ID thing is all *Bleep* it up, i need help

Login to Me Too

Deshon20
New Community Member
I need a pay pal but i do not have ID
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.