Paypal are THIEVES!!!

waynemims
Contributor
Contributor

I've had my account permanently limited. fine. I got a email from paypal saying that my funds are eligible for withdrawal on june 2019

i tried withdrawing the funds to my bank, and i get this error: There’s a problem Right now, we’re not able to transfer the money to your bank.

i called today (dec 13 2019)

-waited 1 hour on hold. agent told me theres a security block and it will be removed in 24 hours.

-i try after 24 hours, SAME THING. i call again (1 hour wait), agent says my account isnt passed the 180 days. told the agent thats BS because im looking at the email right then and there saying it was passed the 180 days and i can take out the funds. asked to speak to a manager. she transfered me and i wasited on the phone for yet another hour.

-called again a day after and again... waited an hour on hold. told the agent at first that i want to speak to a manager. the agent said to tell him the problem first and see if he can fix it. i told him he cannot fix it and let me speak to a manager. Agent insisted that i had to tell him the problem. I told him, and he 'tried' fixing it but he couldnt. I then asked to speak to a manager. now currently on hold (40 minutes now) waiting for a manager.

seriously, i waited O N E year to get MY money and im STILL having issues withdrawing MY money. damn thieves. This company really should get sued

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

waynemims
Contributor
Contributor

after 45 minutes on hold, i got a hold of a SUPERVISOR (even though i specifically requested a manager). supervisors name is casey.

He only told me theres a system security block. I've heard that excuse from them for over a YEAR now. I've been hearing paypal blame their 'security system' for a year now. Ridiculous.

Now on hold for who knows how long waiting to speak to a manager.

Login to Me Too

waynemims
Contributor
Contributor

30 minute hold time.

someone comes on the phone and says 'thanks for holding, this is the account supervisor'

i said, i asked specifically for a manager, not a supervisor

then he says 'im still looking for a manager, please wait' then puts me on hold.

seriously a bunch of clowns

Login to Me Too

waynemims
Contributor
Contributor

Another 40 minute hold. total time on the phone with these clowns.. 3 hours.

Total time on the phone these 2 weeks, 15 hours. heh. meanwhile im resarching and theres a lot of other people with this issue. I wish there was a class action lawsuit against these thieves.

Login to Me Too

waynemims
Contributor
Contributor

So after hours on the phone with paypal, and the last 40-50 minutes waiting to speak to a manager, paypal hung up the phone!! WHAT A JOKE!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@waynemims 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you were over 18 then and the account is in your legal name. Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

waynemims
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i know paypal holds your funds for 180 days. I got a email in june saying that my funds are eligable for withdrawal. in JUNE, 6 months ago.

Now in December i STILL Cant withdraw my funds. So agreed? thieves?

Login to Me Too

waynemims
Contributor
Contributor

Another day, same problem not being able to withdraw MY money. Dont even want to spend 3 hours on the phone with paypal only to not get a solution. Thieves. Will be contacting my lawyer tomorrow.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.