Paypal appeal denied and Paypal services no longer offered.

eiieie
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

After trying to appeal to remove account limitations, I received an email stating:

"Thank you for submitting the requested documentation. We have reviewed the information you provided and we cannot complete your identity verification for the following reason: 

Our records indicate you may be living in a country thae is included to our unsupported countries."

Yes that typo was part of the email unfortunately but that's besides the point.

Anyways the email states that I may be living in a country that is not included in their supported country list.  However I live in GUAM, a US Territory that is actually a part of the United States.  I sent documents such as my driver's license and my US Passport even showing that I'm from Guam and I am a US Citizen.

Now before you say Guam may not be supported, many people on guam use paypal. Including my parents, siblings, friends and acquaintances.  Literally everyone has a paypal account.  But for some reason I was denied because they state I live in an unsupported country.

I wasn't even given a chance to appeal again and I'm completely flabbergasted on how to proceed with this ordeal. Or am I completely **bleep** and won't ever be able to use paypal for no reason at all.

So I would love for anyone to please give me guidance on what to do... please.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @eiieie,

I'm very sorry to hear that you have experienced a limitation. You are correct that Guam is supported as a US territory. The limitation appeal should have been denied based on your use of the account from Guam. Have you used the account from any other countries? 

If you would like to request that a representative look at the details of the situation, please contact customer service.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.