Paypal always favouring the buyer

VsUK
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item worth just shy of £200 on eBay. The buyer gave his business address & the item was sent. The buyer wasn't in to collect on the first attempt & the item was sent back to the delivery office. The buyer then waited over a month to open a claim via eBay which was automatically closed because it exceeded the 30 days. The buyer claimed he's never received it. So he then opened a case with Paypal. After contacting paypal regarding this, they asked me to try & find proof the buyer had received it or it having being returned to sender. I Spend over 3 weeks back & forth with Royal Mail who then contacted me to state the reason for the tracking ad not been updated was due to the label having being water damaged. But confirmed it was signed for by the chairman of the company, the buyers wife apparently & even provided me with the photograph on the back of the Royal Mail letter they had sent me, which included a cheque to refund me of the original postage as a good will gesture for the problems caused. I provided this proof to PayPal who then confirmed this was successfully delivered & closed the case. 

But today I received an email saying Paypal have refunded the buyer. I called paypal & demanded to know why. And they said the buyer disputed the outcome claiming that he did not sign for the parcel & does not have a chairman of his company named specified on the letter. I then demanded they contact Royal mail, which they did & they later called me back. But during that time I googled & found this buyer has not only an Amazon account with the company name selling the very items he purchased from me in bulk, individually on Amazon. But also discovered his company is listed on the governments website & its stated his company does have a chairman under the name specified as his wife & I provided this to paypal. But paypal said they contacted Royal Mail who confirmed the letter they sent to me & the photo they provided. But because they didn't have photographic evidence of the proof of identity used, which to my knowledge they cant do by law. And the fact that the buyer wasn't the one who collected the item & the buyer claims not to know the identity of the person who did. Even though Royal Mail will not allow mail to be collected unless you have provided the ID of the recipient & the ID of the person collecting it. They said they had no choice but to refund the buyer & told me I should open a case with Royal Mail for lost or missing items. Which I cannot do because they've confirmed it was successfully delivered by collection. 

I am absolutely disgusted with paypal. They asked me to obtain proof & I bent over backwards to get it. Royal mail provided it & confirmed to Paypal directly they provided it.  Yet they issued a refund simply because the buyer says otherwise. 

So much for this so called Seller Protection against fraud. Seems to me they're more than happy to please the fraudsters! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Queenlili5219
Contributor
Contributor
Not true. Fraudulent orders are not getting refunded . Happened to a friend. He lost $240 to a hacker who bought something on his account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.