Paypal acount hack

dmor08
Contributor
Contributor
Dear PayPal community, my paypal account has been hacked, and money from the account was stolen, it is there any option to get back my money?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dmor08 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

yassmine-me123
New Community Member

Please help me, there is a lot of money has been stolen from my account, I was sleeping, when i got up i found more than 2300 US Dollar been stolen from Paypal account, I never use Paypal before Never, but i have an account and it's been hacked, and there is 4 transaction been done and i don't know anything about it, please help me, Please any one help. Thanks in advance. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.