Paypal account used fraudulantly but claim refused any ideas

spongeitup
New Community Member

On the 4th of march whilst at work I received a text message saying that I had a payment out of Kr17190 (nearly 1500) and did i reconise this, i responded no and then recieved the message that it was going to be looked into. almost immediately i recieved the e-mail notification of the transaction like i do for my normal transactions as well as an e-mail stateing that it was beeing disputed. i felt confident that this would be found a fraudulant transaction especially as the site it was used in is an exclusively scandinavian website and i am based in the uk, have never spent any money on that site before and have never spent anywhere near that level of money via paypal before. 

However this dispute was rejected and I am now faced with not being able to pay bills due to this fraudulant claim. is there any way of further disputing this transaction.

thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

I'm sorry to hear that your case was rejected, @spongeitup. You're going to want to contact PayPal customer service directly to request an appeal. 

You can reach customer support by FacebookTwitter, or phone or email.

I wish you the best of luck with your situation. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.