Paypal Verification

davie7g
Contributor
Contributor

So who else is being badgered by Paypal for an upload of personal information. My account (which I have had for years and years) has suddenly been limited, by limited they mean frigging suspended. So I have an email on the 9th Sept stating I need to login and go to notifications, I have one notification which asks if I am politically vulnerable (WTF) how does this concern them. So it a straightforward yes or no, so it's a no then, and question answered. But come Sunday 13th my account is still limited, I log in says I have answered question and I have no further notifications. So I ring to be told they now require under new EU regulations to verify who I am, they have address my bank details to whom they can contact BUT NO. They now want either a copy of my drivers licence or passport or some other government issued ID card.

So I have searched their FAQ section I cannot find anything apart about the EU apart from two factor authentication, I ask them how do you store the information DON'T KNOW what do you use to secure the upload DON'T KNOW where is your GDPR policy if your using EU as request DON'T KNOW. Can you see a pattern developing? I asked why not use the bank account as I have to give ID when opening, OH we don't do that came the reply. So whom do you contact if I give you the driving licence, the DLVA DON'T KNOW how about the British Government if I supply the passport, can you guess the answer? So they state that everybody in the UK has been told they need to do this, well apart from my wife, several work colleagues and a few family not one been asked. BUT SIR you got an email on the 8th Sept explaining it all (NOPE) I had one email that asked me to log in and check my political vulnerability I reply. I ask for their GDPR policy but it seems it can only be provided after 72 hours (if it actually turns up). Not being funny but the customer service here is next to nothing. Also just found out that if you try to tag this as bad customer service the verification fails. What a surprise.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.