Paypal Took all my money under the note: PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

Hafidox
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Hope you guys are doing great.

to give a little background of what happened, I was selling on eBay since March 2018, and using my personal PayPal account, I had this Paypal account way before I started selling on eBay.

Fast forward this year 2020 in April, where my Paypal had a somewhat consistent cash flow over these 2 years each month (500$ - 2000$). It all started when an item I was selling at ~300$ was trending because of the pandemic and people staying home, so my Paypal was receiving somewhat unusual sums of money which caused it to be limited for verification.

I sent them the documents they asked for ( proof of address ) and proof of fulfillment which I did within the 1st week the account got limited. But even though I submitted these documents my Paypal was still limited and I contacted them several times with no response. 

less than a week passed and boom, my account was permanently limited, and all the money is held for 180 days. Naturally, I contacted them again and again to know why, but with no definite answer. And I gave up and decided to wait the 180 days.

On the 22nd September ( 2 months left for the 180 days ), Paypal just transferred all the money as you can see on the image below leaving 0.00$ and no way to have it back.

After I checked that note, I found this policy will be applied by the 16th of June, and as I told you my Paypal was permanently limited before that, so how could I avoid it if I wanted to. And what gives them the right to just take all my hard-earned money in one transfer.

Sorry for this long message but I had to give you the background of the whole problem, any advice to have my money back will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Screenshot 2020-09-30 152848.png

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Hafidox
Contributor
Contributor

I'm really sorry I didn't see your reply earlier, I actually wasn't able to resolve this after many attempts of emails and phone calls.

Also, neither the complaint service nor consumer protection site could help me because my country is just not supported, I think that's why Paypal just gets away with it every time because they know you can't spend much money to actually take this matter to court unless it was a big sum of money they took.

I lost almost 3k$ and it was all I got, so I can't even support an attorney counseling.

Login to Me Too

MrMUTCoin
Contributor
Contributor

PAY PAL TOOK $90,000+ I am trying to find the right lawyer to go after them. My friend also had $70,000 taken who runs a similar website than mine. Same BS about the violation of AUP. This can't be legal. PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT TO SHARE WHAT YOU'VE DONE.

I've submitted complaints to the multiple agencies and am in the process of finding a lawyer. What they're doing is not legal.

CONTACT (AT) MRMUTCOIN d0tcom

Login to Me Too

pfbrown

How is your case going? Any resolution yet, or does Pay Pal just get away of stealing peoples money? How does one get them to tell you how or what you violated?

Login to Me Too

pfbrown

What is happening with this? Pay Pal is still doing it to their customers with no explanation!

Login to Me Too

vickchand

I had the exact same issue, is there a way to do a class action on PayPal? They are THIEVES!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.