Paypal Stonewalling me over a returned item.

wscott
Contributor
Contributor

I returned the Item, even have confirmation from the Seller.

Paypal refuses to process the return.

I returned the item before filing the claim.

When I filed the claim, the address they gave me was different and the ITEM WAS ALREADY REturned.

I even have an email from the Seller saying he got the item.

All I get from Paypal is the typical runaraound.  Every time I call they ask for something, or say they will look at it, and never do.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wscott 

Well the seller if he says he has the item can easily refund you if he wants to.

However to have buyer protection you have to send the item back to the address that paypal gives you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wscott
Contributor
Contributor

As I stated, the day I received the Item and it didn't work, I sent it back to the Return Address.

When I did not hear from the Seller in about 5 days, I went to PayPal.

I could not discuss options with anyone....I was funnelled into their Dispute Process.

At that point you're not supposed to talk to the Seller.

None of the process was explained clearly by any representative.

Requested information could not be upoloaded through their portal, I had to call and email it to them.

I would get my claim rejected then have to call back and start over.

After two cycles they said the package didn't go to the return address they had on file, and even though I proved to them them 

both by the Signed FEDX delivery and an email from the Seller.

They were supposed to reopen this and send it to their "review team" of "managers", but it's a lie.

It hasn't happened.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @wscott

I'm sorry to hear of the negative experience. 

To qualify for Buyer Protection, an item has to be returned to the return address provided by PayPal. Regrettably, if the item is returned to a different address and we can't confirm the merchant has received the item back, we would not issue a refund. I understand you have an email from the merchant that confirms the item was returned, but we cannot accept a screenshot or forwarded email as proof as screenshots and forwarded emails can easily be doctored. I'm not saying that's something you'd do but as it's very easy to do, as a policy, we do not accept the information unless it's provided directly by the other party. We also cannot accept a signature as proof the item was returned to a merchant because anyone can sign for the delivery.

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.