Paypal *Smileyhomey "Scam Alert"

EJT2
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone used smiley homey i bought a new concelear and the $29.95 was taken out of my visa via paypal no reciept turned up from Smileyhomey or any goods. Feels like scam to me. Cant get hold of paypal for a refund either very difficult. Anyone have any ideas??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EJT2 

Check with the merchant first to see if they received your order. 

Is the transaction listed in your PayPal activity as Pending with a temporary authorization? Click the transaction for details. And same on your card account? Temporary authorizations expire and drop off from your account activity if funds are not captured by the merchant.

If order failed for the merchant, then they can't capture payment and the transaction will remain on hold until expiration and funds are then released which take no longer than 30 days.

If payment ends up being completed on your card and on PayPal:

Locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" and choose the most appropriate option:

(Note: the option you choose makes or breaks your claim so choose correctly!)

I didn't receive an item i purchased  

The product or service [the entire order] was not delivered to you.

I received an item that's significantly not as described  

The product or service was significantly not as described in your order. 

I want to report unauthorized activity  

Report suspicious activity, transactions and account changes you didn't authorize*. 

I have a billing issue  

Report issues with transaction amount, duplicate charges, refunds or canceled subscriptions.

*Meaning someone broke into your account and did something without your permission or knowledge. This does not include paying someone you didn’t know was a scammer or by mistake. Choose from the first two options for such situations.

If you sent payment as friends and family, you won't have the first two (2) options because friends and family payments have no purchase protection, because it is considered a "gift" payment, so no refunds or filing disputes on PayPal, it will get denied. If you paid with credit card, you might want to try and dispute through your card issuer instead.

Please read Buyer Protection terms:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

If paid as guest checkout, look for PayPal receipt email with the receipt ID number at the bottom. Call customer service and provide receipt ID number to open dispute based on the options listed above.

Please do research on the merchant/site/product/price before buying. It'll only take a moment as the info is at our fingertips.

Very bad reviews:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/smileyhomey.com

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EJT2 

Check with the merchant first to see if they received your order. 

Is the transaction listed in your PayPal activity as Pending with a temporary authorization? Click the transaction for details. And same on your card account? Temporary authorizations expire and drop off from your account activity if funds are not captured by the merchant.

If order failed for the merchant, then they can't capture payment and the transaction will remain on hold until expiration and funds are then released which take no longer than 30 days.

If payment ends up being completed on your card and on PayPal:

Locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" and choose the most appropriate option:

(Note: the option you choose makes or breaks your claim so choose correctly!)

I didn't receive an item i purchased  

The product or service [the entire order] was not delivered to you.

I received an item that's significantly not as described  

The product or service was significantly not as described in your order. 

I want to report unauthorized activity  

Report suspicious activity, transactions and account changes you didn't authorize*. 

I have a billing issue  

Report issues with transaction amount, duplicate charges, refunds or canceled subscriptions.

*Meaning someone broke into your account and did something without your permission or knowledge. This does not include paying someone you didn’t know was a scammer or by mistake. Choose from the first two options for such situations.

If you sent payment as friends and family, you won't have the first two (2) options because friends and family payments have no purchase protection, because it is considered a "gift" payment, so no refunds or filing disputes on PayPal, it will get denied. If you paid with credit card, you might want to try and dispute through your card issuer instead.

Please read Buyer Protection terms:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

If paid as guest checkout, look for PayPal receipt email with the receipt ID number at the bottom. Call customer service and provide receipt ID number to open dispute based on the options listed above.

Please do research on the merchant/site/product/price before buying. It'll only take a moment as the info is at our fingertips.

Very bad reviews:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/smileyhomey.com

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

targetTG

paypal scam.jpgscam.jpg

i was have allot of this mails This week more than ten e-mails

from this links :-

<removed> 

and from this mails

scam1.jpg

Login to Me Too

Cbird63
Contributor
Contributor
Wish I had seen this post before I placed my order through FB on April 10th. I paid extra for express shipping and I have nothing. How do you get in touch with the merchant in Hong Kong?? Thanks PayPal great advice. Since none of you guys are answering the phone, I've lost $52 but I will get my money back eventually if I have to email you every day.
Login to Me Too

shaynita
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered from this website and it’s a scam and would like a refund of my money
Login to Me Too

cbyrdnelson
Contributor
Contributor
I never received the two cell phone holders I ordered through Facebook on May 5, 2020 totaling $27 and some change. This is the same name that appears on my bank statement "Paypal Smileyhomey." What a JOKE! Please do not tell me this is not showing on your records because it's showing on my bank account statement. What a scam especially during this PANDEMIC!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Allen221
Contributor
Contributor
I did not received my order either
Login to Me Too

Rhunt1964
I ordered from them in June and never got my order and the money was taken off my card. They have me a tracking # and it says it was picked up by a shipping partner and no trace now. Mine was for $37.40
Login to Me Too

Cbird63
Contributor
Contributor
How can you dispute a transaction that is completed and IS listed with your credit card company as a PayPal purchase & Smiley Homey and not listed anywhere on your PayPal transactions? I know this is not a pending transaction because it cleared my credit card on April 29th, 2020. I ended up disputing with my CC company and got some lame excuse and was denied. I will continue to dispute until I get a resolution. It's a shame that was so many complaints about this company PayPal has not removed their name and continues to advertise on Facebook. Especially since I've been a member for so many years.
Login to Me Too

Marie6985m
New Community Member
Same here I just realized after waiting over 2 weeks that there is no more website ..I saw the ad through Instagram..HOW are they letting them advertise! I’m going to harass PayPal every single Day if I have to! That’s why I purchase through here
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.