Paypal Seller Protection For Digital Good/Digital Service/Freelancer

md_rizaur
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there
Before writing, I have to mention that I found huge number of article about same issues. But nothing comes with proper solution. 

Case

Except true case, freelancer or digital good service holders face dispute problem after few days! Because some fraud people just do/take service & after that they open a  dispute for service or unauthorise payment etc. For this case, most of have to return the money back. For this, freelancer/DGS(digital good service) holders have to loss their product/service & money as well as their time. 
There is no seller protection in paypal 😞

Some Scam Cases

1. They use Business account. But they communicate with other seller by other account(different name+address). But they use Paypal business account only pay. So when freelancer/DGS holder try to give proof that he/she delivered the product, paypal doesn't accept that.
  2. Paypal buyer protection varry by some countries. e.g. US have 21 days & NZ has 180 days !!! Thats mean a scamer who have NZ paypal account can scam with seller after 179 days after the payment date! 
  3. Some people even threat seller that he/she can open a dispute!

What can be done to be safe

1. So before transfer digital goods/service, ask the buyer email account that is used for paypal account.
  2. Send a order/digital service details to that email & ask for confirmation to work/oder.
  3. If he/she confirmation, you can provide the service/Digital goods. Ask him/her, if he/she needs any modificaiton then replay with details. If no need modification, then ask him/her to reply that the service is good & he/she received.

If you can follow this then, paypal can be your side! Because you have documents that are send via email from seller email & buyer email (both email should be same used in paypal)

Another Case

Most case buyer doesn't want to communicate with email as it is not real time chatting system 😞

So what can you do?
For example: If a buyer wants to communicate with "whatsapp", then after order confirmation ask him/her to send "whatsapp" detail from the email he/she used in paypal to seller email (which is used for paypal).
In this case, paypal can be your side as you have proof that you have buyer email & he/she send whatsapp detail !
Otherwise, paypal & whatsapp details will be mismatch, so paypal won't help you 😞

Precaution
I am telling some tips & tricks to escape from some unwanted fruad dispute issue. I am not paypal author or some senior stuff in paypal community even I am not expert 😞

Its just my thinking.
I read other article & conclude that:
if you are selling digital services/goods, then do few things more including aboves ones
Send a invoice writing details about

"buyer name/business name"

"buyer/busienss email"

"address"

"amount in buyer country"

"amount in your country"

"date"

"seller name"

"seller address"

"order date"

"delivery date"

As you mentioned all the details in your invoice & buyer confirm that he/she received the service, then I hope paypal must be on your side !

Freelancer tips:

Don't try to send original product/service, before payment. Try to show buyer demo or some form that can't be download or never share source code. If you share, then scamer can download it wihout order !

I share my opinion & my thinking. Please comment your idea or something that can make Paypal better & better for freelancer & DGS holders.

Note: According to https://www.paypal.com/nz/smarthelp/article/FAQ1156, you can't have seller protection for the buyers who have paypal account from "Bermuda, Bahamas, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, El Salvador, Uruguay and Venezuela"

So my suggestion please stay away from the paypal buyers who have account from the above locations & want to buy digital service/goods. Take your own risk !

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.