Paypal Resolution centre a waste of time?

daniec
Contributor
Contributor

I bought software from a supplier who is blocking me from downloading the software. There is no other way I can attain this software.

Paypal's resolution centre says "the issue you have described or the merchandise or service associated with this transaction is not covered by PayPal Purchase Protection. As a result this case has been closed"

What is the purpose of Purchase Protection if not protecting people from selling things they do not plan on delivering?

Paypal is corrupt, immoral and a waste of time if this is the case.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@daniec

Paypal offers 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection but that protection can never be a 100% coverall.

So you read up on it first so you can risk assess your own transactions.

If you had done that then you would have known that the type of item you were buying was not covered by purchase protection and so you could have then decided whether to go ahead with it or not.

If you had decided to do so then your best bet was to fund that purchase via a credit card so if it went wrong you may have the option to chargeback via your card issuer.

You didn't bother to read up on buyer protection / you didn't bother to risk assess the transaction so I am hoping you used a credit card in which case contact your card issuer to see if they will help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

daniec
Contributor
Contributor

CLearly you are not an independant, but a Paypal employee.

You also do not have your facts correct, so please bother to read the conditions before you reply nonsensical rubbish.

This from Paypal - please show me where software is excluded?:

"

• The item purchased must be for a tangible, physical good. All transations made on or after July 1, 2015 for intangible merchandise, virtual items, digital goods and content, and services will be eligible for expanded PayPal Purchase Protection.
  • Here are some examples of items that are not eligible:
    • Real estate, including residential property
    • Businesses
    • Vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats
    • Custom-made items
    • Travel tickets, including airline flight tickets
    • Items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy ."
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@daniec

Paypal employee???   Smiley Very Happy  Is that the best you can do when someone disagrees with you? Never heard that one before Smiley Wink

Of course I don't work for Paypal..........thank goodness.

As for the info that you supplied I am well aware of Paypals extended buyer protection policy BUT the issue you described as paypal have already said is not covered.........I did not say that you were not covered for digital / virtual content.

If the seller was able to prove that he supplied the software then he would probably win.....which he did..........as I said Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall..............use a c.c. and do a chargeback is the way forward for those types of transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

daniec
Contributor
Contributor

Oh please...

Where do you get all the info from that you are commenting on so "knowledgeable"? 

You do not have all the facts, yet you are prepared to list a bunch of useless statements.

Get a job and stop wasting my time.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@daniec

Have a job thanks.

I can only give you the facts, not the intelligence to understand those facts and to go and read up properly on purchase protection.

The advice I gave you is correct, the fact you do not like that advice is your problem and not mine.

Bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

CSRam
They are still subject to federal law, as you said, extended buyer protection, that is in addition to the minimum protection provided by law!
Login to Me Too

CSRam
100% agreed. They don't investigate the information. Banggood sent them a tracking number, I also provided a current screenshot of that tracking number showing it never shipped, shipper never received the item let alone delivered. They denied my claim even though the info banggood sent them proved that they never sent me my order. Another case, shipper advertised item as on hand in the US. Item was drop shipped to me from China. Not what I ordered and a not as described violation of ebay policy. Seller even provided a return shipping address to China yet paypay want me to pay for returning a fraudulent sale. PayPal protection is not for buyers, it is for sellers. Get the word out!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.