Paypal Resolution Center seriously flawed

srcameron
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered something and didn't get what I ordered.  All I get are offers for partial refunds.  I have just found out that if I send the item back to China and wait for it to get there, I will get a full refund.  Seriously.  I am supposed to pay to ship this to China.  I can apply to get the shipping costs refunded.  I wonder when that will happen.  Customer Service phone number hangs up on you.  I tried to cancel my Paypal account and cannot do it without - you guessed it - contacting Customer Service.  Paypal has no customer service.   It's just a big huge joke. 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

amariegc
Contributor
Contributor
SrCameron...I have the same situation. I tried communicating with the seller to resolve the matter. They made excuses for their ineptitude and made no serious attempts to find a satisfactory solution, aside from returning the merchandise to China, which is cost prohibitive. After almost three months of trying to get PP to address the situation, through their formal dispute method, I was informed that the buyer would refund if I returned the wrong merchandise to China. In addition, PP noted that I could file a refund request for return shipping costs or look into other, less expensive, return options. I’ve already spent an exorbitant amount of time on this and, in order to resolve to my satisfaction, will have to invest more time (and money) to get the desired outcome. It’s clear that PP loyalty’s are in the sellers best interest and not the buyers. Sorry that you, I and, I’m sure hundreds of other customers, have been subjected to PP seriously flawed business practices!
Login to Me Too

propaplace
Contributor
Contributor

The same problem occurred to me because I never got what I ordered and paid for.  PayPal must be getting a "kickback" because regardless of what I do, there's no way to get my money back and I am pretty sure these Chinese crooks still have their PayPal accounts!  It is difficult to believe that PayPal isn't totally  involved and complicit in this Chinese scam.  Claiming that the fault was mine when I never received what I ordered.  The PayPal resolution center is a joke and there's no way to contact a human being, their legal department, or any of their senior leadership!  It's like they are in bed with the scammers because regardless of the outcome, they, PayPal get paid and the buyer gets **bleep**.

PayPal wrote: "We received the case(s) you filed on June 30, 2020.

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because we did not receive valid proof or tracking that you returned the merchandise.  We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).

What irritates me is that I DID submit the tracking number on 8-28 per the resolution instructions.  Unfortunately, I authorized my PayPal Balance rather than the PayPal Credit.  I won't make that mistake again!!

Transaction information:

Dispute Case ID: PP-D-74005861

Transaction Amount: $47.15 USD

Dispute Amount: $47.15 USD

Transaction ID: 1SX04619SD272591H

Transaction Date: June 14, 2020

I want my $47.15 returned and I don't care how they do it!!

Login to Me Too

srcameron
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for reaching out!  I urge you to write to the CEO and CFO.  I cannot put in their email addresses because it says it's not permitted.  One is jrainey, the other is dan.schulman.  Add <removed>.  It's not about the money - in my case $54.90 - as much as the fundamental unfairness of their policies.  I tried to cancel my Paypal account, but I cannot do it without contacting customer service.  I will never use them again... and I have been a member since 2000.

Login to Me Too

amariegc
Contributor
Contributor
PP dispute system simply does not work! It clearly benefits the seller and the sellers know it! PP convoluted methods of communication (and lack thereof, ie no actual person to speak with, closing conversations that aren’t, etc) is intended to discourage the buyer from perusing their claims. I believe they hope that the buyer will simply give up!! They (PP) were sued in 2015 and paid a $25M fine for, among other issues, mishandling consumer disputes and payments. (Consumerfinance.com) Clearly, that hasn’t deterred them from continuing their improper business practices!
Login to Me Too

WoeIsMe
Contributor
Contributor

Agree! I ordered from a seller in CA and they gave me a shipping number that indicated the product was shipped and received 21 days before I even ordered it. Paypal ruled in their favor. I received nothing, but Paypal made sure they got my money! 

Login to Me Too

srcameron
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for reaching out!  You are correct in your assessment.  I urge you to write to the CEO and CFO.  I cannot put in their email addresses because it says it's not permitted.  One is jrainey, the other is dan.schulman.  Add @ and paypal.com.  It's not about the money as much as the fundamental unfairness of their policies.  I tried to cancel my Paypal account, but I cannot do it without contacting customer service.  I will never use them again... and I have been a member since 2000.

Login to Me Too

propaplace
Contributor
Contributor

This is absolutely frustrating!  None of the senior staff can be reached and there doesn't appear to be any "human beings" available to speak to, just their sickening recordings that continuously loop into itself.  I understand the issues related to slower response being blamed on Covid because PayPal certainly seems to be "milking" this one ... to include their senior staff!!

I never received what I ordered and paid for, regrettably using my PayPal balance (I doubt I'll make that mistake again).  PayPal must be getting a handsome "kickback" because regardless of what I do, there appears to be no way to get my money back and I am pretty sure these Chinese crooks still have their PayPal accounts!  It is difficult to believe that PayPal isn't totally involved and complicit in this Chinese shipping scam.  Claiming that the fault was mine when I never received what I ordered to begin with.  Currently, the PayPal resolution center is a real joke as there's no way to contact a human being, the legal department, or any of their senior leadership!  It's like PayPal is in bed with the scammers because regardless of the outcome, they, PayPal get paid and the buyer gets **bleep**.

PayPal wrote: "We received the case(s) you filed on June 30, 2020.

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because we did not receive valid proof or tracking that you returned the merchandise.  We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).

What irritates me is that I DID submit the USPS tracking number (9500116298170241667375) on 8-28-2020, delivered 8-31-2020 per the PayPal resolution instructions.  Regrettably, I authorized the purchase using my PayPal Balance rather than the PayPal Credit.  I won't make that mistake again!!

Transaction information:

Dispute Case ID: PP-D-74005861

Transaction Amount: $47.15 USD

Dispute Amount: $47.15 USD

Transaction ID: 1SX04619SD272591H

Transaction Date: June 14, 2020

I want my $47.15 returned and I don't care how it's done!!

James <removed>

Login to Me Too

amariegc
Contributor
Contributor
srcameron...I understand and agree, it’s not about the money! (I paid approx $72 for incorrect product/merchandise). I don’t intend to use PP again! While I appreciate the management contact info you provided, I’m afraid it will simply fall on deaf ears. The $25M PP paid in fines five years ago is petty cash to them. I’m sure my small dispute is laughable to them, as well!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.