Paypal Recharged an Unauthorized Transaction

stephankrasner
Contributor
Contributor
Last week I was charged $2,300 by an unauthorized transaction. The charge went straight through to my bank account The dispute was resolved and I was eventually refunded. Now 5 days later Paypal made the same charge again directly to my bank account for no reason. There is no record of a new $2,300 charge on my Paypal account. Explain yourself Paypal! You just broke my trust again. I've had an account with you for 20 years. This is totally unacceptable and an absolute breach of trust. This is blatant fraud.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stephankrasner 

Your account was compromised. Your bank account or debit card. Report it to your bank since it is not appearing in your PayPal account. Do a scan of your devices for malware.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

stephankrasner
Contributor
Contributor
I looked it up. Paypal actually does this a lot. It is an error with their ACH system that has existed for at least 4 years. According to a reddit post (this site will not allow me to post it) I will be hit with this charge one more time before they stop. I will probably be dealing with $2,300 charges from Paypal for another month before they stop. Nobody should be linking their bank account to Paypal. It is so dangerous and I had no idea.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.