Paypal Permanent Account Limitation

WuMarik
Contributor
Contributor

An associate of mine recently got their account Permanently Limited just for using the word "Gamble" in an item they were selling even though their business has nothing to do with gambling. PayPal limited the account without knowing the details of the product that was purchased(it does not fall under the legal definition of gambling or PayPal's definition of gambling).

What is the best way to contact PayPal with the needed information to prove their "investigation" on the account did not actually look into the item being sold and see it was unrelated to gambling and/or betting?

We used term "Gamble" to grab the attention of the purchaser, not to reflect the item being purchased, and has been since been changed to better reflect the name of the item. We have also had the item in question being sold since October of last year and PayPal had no problems until we were reported by a competitor selling the same items we are, using a different name.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WuMarik 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.