Paypal Non - Customer Service

Dasant1
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased a hockey jersey online with paypal credit for $58.00 and what understood to be free shipping. After paying for the item I was charged $99.00 for shipping! I immediately emailed the seller to cancel my order and refund my money and tried to contact paypal via phone, but they do not have 24 hour phone customer service and their virtual chat service is worthless! I was able to find out enough info to file an unauthorized charge case and hoped that would resolve my issue. This all happened about a week ago and then I received a recent email saying my case was denied and I am still on the hook for the payment. What can I do to resolve this situation given that paypal apparently cares more about the seller's interest than mine?
Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Dasant1
Contributor
Contributor
You took their side by just spouting the company line and trying to make the situation my fault and only my problem to resolve without customer service's help. Such as, I should know what country the merchant is from, I should take them to small claims court, and lastly bad customer service is my fault for filing an unauthorized charge case - when the exorbitant shipping charge was clearly unauthorized! I imagine that you believe you are helping, but you have offered no real or viable solutions! I also question your volunteer status based on the thousands of complaints/issues that you have apparently responded to based on your posted statistics. Who has the will and time to voluntarily provide pseudo customer service for free for a for profit company who can well afford to provide that customer service themselves?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dasant1 

I did not tell you that you should know what country the seller was in, I just said that a legal action 'may' be possible if they are in the same country.

I have not spouted the party line as you call it, I gave you the FACTS, its your problem if you don't like those facts.

Paypal gives us all 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection, the rest is up to us to risk assess our transactions.

I for one would NEVER buy from a seller if I didn't even know what country the item was going to be shipped from.

If it came from China I would be worried about the safety of the product etc.

Equally I would be checking the shipping costs BEFORE I clicked submit to pay for the item, by clicking to pay you AUTHORISED that shipping cost.

If they asked for shipping costs AFTER you paid then just don't pay them > the company won't ship > you could file non receipt and get a refund.

I would not compound that mistake by filing an unauthorised transaction which is telling paypal your account was hacked and used without your consent..............when it wasn't.

And then after all that your last resort was to have a go at someone that posted to try and help you.

As for the time I spend on here that is entirely my concern and I am delighted with the amount of folks that I have saved from being scammed.

Post back if you want, I bet you can't resist it BUT I for one will not bother to read it and will go and help NICE folks wanting help.

Bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dasant1
Contributor
Contributor
I am sorry if I offended you, but you just don't understand! The merchant showed free shipping when I paid, the shipping charge showed up on my paypal account after I paid- thus the unauthorized charge! If you are doing such good work on here as you say - paypal really should be paying you for the services that you provide to its customers - it's only right! I think a multi-billion dollar company like paypal can well afford it - don't you?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.