Paypal Locking my money for no reason? HELP

SilentScripts
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a paypal account a few months ago to sell programs and software online through discord ( about half of the people there paid via paypal ) and sold about 3K$ worth of products and softwares. After reaching about 1K in my wallet paypal asked for pictures for identifications such as ID driver license etc, which I provided and paypal said everything was OK. a few weeks later out of nowhere paypal decides to permanently limit my account for no reasons provided and thus stealing all my money in paypal ( about 1.8K$ ). What rights does paypal have to do this? Do I have to take legal actions?

Thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SilentScripts 

Its their site so guess they have that right if you have broken either the user agreement or acceptable use policy in some way.

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SilentScripts 

Its their site so guess they have that right if you have broken either the user agreement or acceptable use policy in some way.

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SilentScripts
Contributor
Contributor

Yea but im fairly sure i did not break any acceptance agreement so they should at least legally have to provide proof or at least say what i did wrong? instead of just stealing my money 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.