Paypal Keeps Closing My Case- Still No Refund

michelle21689
Contributor
Contributor

I've been really frustrated with PayPal's help center because they keep closing my case and I haven't received a refund for an item I returned. Long story short, I bought a dress from a Facebook ad for this clothing business. A week passed and they still didn't ship it and they kept saying they will and made excuses like, "We will process soon" or "We'll ship it out in three days and you'll receive a notification e-mail" but I never did and I told them to cancel it.

Almost another week went by and they closed down their Facebook page and disabled messages to create a NEW Facebook page. I opened a claim with PayPal and they said they'd reach out to the seller and if I receive the item, to write "REFUSE", so I did just that. It's been almost a month so I checked in on it and they closed it. They said that there's proof I received the item and so they closed it in the seller's favor. I didn't realize that the tracking number wouldn't work if I wrote "REFUSE" as instructed. So I opened it again and they closed it again. I then escalated it to management but they closed it.

I still haven't received my refund. If I had known it was this much trouble to get a refund, I would've kept the stupid dress. I'm just really upset that I've done as I was told by a PayPal rep and they're faulting me. Now I'm stuck with nothing and a loss of $33. The only thing I can keep doing is open a claim but they just say they will reopen to make me happy but close it the next day.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Steph3miller
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered items on June 11,2020. In mid July I filed a dispute/claim. The seller sent 2 tracking numbers that were invalid. Pay Pal closed my case the day the Seller gave them the second tracking number. The very next day I “messaged” Pay Pal to let them know the tracking number was not for my items. Pay Pal continues to tell me that since the Seller has sent tracking information that my refund is denied. The Seller has NOT produced a Valid tracking number. I can’t believe Pay Pal is condoning this type of business.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.