Paypal Hacked/Negative Balance

Candy123999
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I’m pretty much a victim of hacking. An unknown IP address has been lurking in my Gmail apparently. I will also let you know that I have many gmail for different things (buisness, accounts, social media, etc.). Well I haven’t checked my email/paypal in a month or two. I come back to seeing a 141$ USD Negative Balance. I go to investigate by checking the email. I see messages from different sites. Check them and found out this person has been scamming people under my name and spending the money. I’ve checked EVERY account associated with my email and 80% of them had some type of unauthorized activity. Well I go ahead and message paypal. I was told by the agent, Swati (And I DIRECTLY QUOTE THIS FROM THEM) “so basically in this case you need to enter the same information you provided me about Identity Theft in the resolution center in each dispute so that we refund the money to the buyers for you”. Well I did so, and a few hours later, I receive a message from a bot “Based on our review, we found this transaction is consistent with your paypal payment history”. So this is some type of crappy excuse for denying my case? I did everything Paypal asked for. Except give my Bank account info and SSN. That is highly secretive/personal information that I will not give to a random lady 2 continents away from me. I will not be spending any money, not taking a cent out of my pocket for any reason. I was also called by a collection’s agent at 8AM to tell me that I need to pay. I said I was in a financial situation and that it’s not my negative balance to deal with. I’m thinking about just abandoning Paypal as a whole, denying collections calls. Like, If I truthfully spent that money, I wouldn’t be fighting and I’d pay DESPITE the financial situation I’m in. So I pretty much just need advice.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @Candy123999

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with payments that have completed in your account. So we can look into this further, please contact our customer service. You can call, send a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter

Enjoy your day.

Thanks, 

Brooke

Login to Me Too

CoryDID
New Community Member
Hi im having the exact problem. Had $50 in my account. Now its on negative balance of $135. Please help this is such an inconvenience 😩
Login to Me Too

MoreTalent
Contributor
Contributor

same here they manipulated my account balance twice when i had funds and then when i got hacked and am left -700 in overdraft which i dont even know how that is possible they didnt do a thing but say my purchases are consistent.... i NEVER make purchases through this app i tried calling and apparently covid lets them use computers but not phones they go me f***** up if they think im paying -700 back to them 

Login to Me Too

Luvmydixie
New Community Member
Seriously sold one xbox on ebay and I was hacked through eBay to PayPal then my bank account. had to shut my bank account down and regain access to paypal and ebay now im in the negative over $1400. PayPal is giving no resolution to this whatsoever claims that it's all normal activity. That is impossible have no clue what to do or how to get this settled
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.