Paypal Fraud?

ryan_shi123
New Community Member

Hi, so I'm not quite sure where to start. First things first when I came back from work I noticed an additional transaction sent to my bank by Paypal under the gest of "PAYPAL *MUSHB_V" which is similar to other transaction that I've made with Paypal. I do not know if it came from Paypal themselves or anything associated with them but as it isn't in my activities and I do not know what do make of it. Please help if you can, I'd be much obliged!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ryan_shi123

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account as you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ryan_shi123
New Community Member

I never made any transaction during the time I received the notice of the transaction on my bank, that's why it's puzzling me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ryan_shi123

Then ask your bank for more info?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.