Paypal Disputed Falsely Decided in Favor of Other Party

hw5153012
Contributor
Contributor
Per title, I sold an online video game account to someone who DM'ed me on Discord. He sounded genuine and transferred the money to me via Paypal immediately, and I gave him the account logins and changed the associated email address to his, and I thought our deal was completed.
A few days later, he filed a dispute on Paypal claiming he never received the item. I provided evidence to the best of my abilities (screenshots of the conversation, confirmation of changing account's associated email address), but the dispute was decided in favor of the buyer under the reason that "proof of delivery details provided could not be verified" (what does that even mean?). I appealed twice, both times got decided in favor of the buyer. Now my Paypal has a large negative balance and they email me weekly to remind me to pay.
I called Paypal over and over, and the agents could only re-open the case for another appeal, and I don't think these appeals will ever be decided in my favor. I asked for specific reasons why the decision was made, but they just reiterated the reason above with a lack of clarity.
I'm honestly more upset about Paypal's reaction than the guy who filed this dispute because I feel like if they are going to decide against me (which they really shouldn't have a reason to), at least they should provide me with a valid reason which they don't. Neither do they specify what type of additional information they need from me to prove my case.
Has anyone experienced something similar, and how did you respond? Let me know if you need additional details on my case if anything is unclear. Thank you for reading 😄
tl;dr: Paypal falsely decided against me and rejected all my appeals despite me having provided various evidence that I completed my end of the deal
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hw5153012 

You should really go and read up on the seller protection required for virtual / digital items, paypal do not consider any 'chat logs' or 'screen shots' as evidence of the actual transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.