Paypal Dispute - offered partial refund but missed email and 72-hour deadline.

blinkbreak
New Community Member

Has anyone had a dispute with Paypal and missed the deadline?

I've had this long standing dispute that's gone on for months and finally (not within the 5-days to respond I'll add!) Paypal offered a partial refund with only 72-hours to accept. Of course this is the one email I missed, and of course this is the first request for information that Paypal mysteriously didn't send a reminder about (all other information requests have had emailed reminders if I've only got a day left to respond). For me this is very murky of Paypal and very disrespectful to the customer. I called an agent after receiving the 'case closed' email and he said he would get them to put it through - I said 'will I get paid the partial refund' and he said, 'yes'. Of course I received an email this morning saying that I wouldn't and that the case was closed again. It's looking like I'm going to have to take this to the small claims court. Has anyone been through this process with Paypal? 

Seriously if this is the way PayPal process these things then they're going to find themselves losing out to the many competitors sooner rather than later. We're entering an age of transparency. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.