Paypal Denied my Dispute and closed the case

anilkuj
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made a purchase from an online website for a shoe rack ( it was a new website , Yes i should have been more careful! ) . These guys claim that it was shipped and gave me a tracking # for a package that weighed only 1.5 lbs ( for a shoe rack ?? ) . That raised my suspicion , then i waited and on July 3rd it said the package was delivered .  When i called UPS they mentioned that the tracking # didn't belong to my name or address and there is nothing they can do to help me. I realized this guy was a scam artist once he didn't respond to my emails or was trying to call a non-existent phone number.

At this point i opened a dispute with paypal saying that i didn't receive this order , right away the seller responded to paypal and provided the same Tracking # and immediately Paypal denied my claim without even checking  if the Tracking # belonged to me . UPS clearly mentioned that tracking # was delivered to a different address and different name and the actuall shipper of that product was Amazon .  Paypal even closed my case without any option to appeal . I tried calling the customer service due to COVID they dont have any representatives to solve my issues , what am i supposed to do now ?

TLDR:  Paypal denied my claim and closed the case going by the fake UPS tracking # that the  online seller provided . 

Appreciate any help !! 

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

ElisaPoore
New Community Member

I requested this info from USPS but they indicated that they could not provide this info as it was private. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ElisaPoore 

You don't need the private information as to where the item was sent, just the information that it was not sent to your address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.