Paypal Closing My Account

EliasShal7
Contributor
Contributor

It's odd, yet very disconcerning. I had used my Paypal account for quite a few years until recently I was notified I needed to send paypal personal documentation, as proof of my identity. Having not the time for it until recently I had sent the documents in order to actually be able to use my account balance that's been held away from me.

I recieved an email today saying not only was it denied, but my account is for some god-awful reason is supposed to be closed/shut-down. I had provided the exact information required for my account and was given no reason as to why it's getting closed.

What do i do to not have my account be shut down, let me use my balance, and stop the looming feeling I had to give them my information for no reason other than to be a massive inconveinence?

In the meantime as I await for my account that I have used for so long to be closed without my consent nor without any explanation, what is my balance in there is being held in front of me. I have yet to actually find a way to contact anyone at Paypal who knows whats up.

Option 2. Money in your PayPal account will be held for 180 days. After 180 days, we'll email you information on how to receive your funds.

I deeply apologize for this blunt statement; What the **bleep**?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EliasShal7 

Must have been something in your documents that meant you violated their policies, they don't close accounts for no reason.

What would be the point they want you to open and use paypal accounts as that is how they make their money.

Could be anything from opening your account underage to accepting friends / family payments for transactions, they don't actually give you a reason.

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal holds any funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then 'normally' you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

EliasShal7
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, my account had been made when I was underage, albeit it had been in supervisioned use.

Despite its mentionned as a permanant limitation, I still would like to ask if its possible to eventually use my paypal balance as I had before?

With this, after 180 days pass, I will be able to use my account as normal or is it seriously, permanantly set to prevent me from using what balance I had in it besides transferring it out of paypal?

My only concern really is getting access back to my account, trying to learn what just happened as I do not believe phones will be back up and running anytime soon.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EliasShal7 

You would never be able to use that account as it was an illegally made underage account.

However once you were 18 then paypal 'may' allow you to open another paypal account and then transfer the funds across to the new account for you.

Up to them if they agree to that or not so best ask them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.