Paypal Charging me Twice for a balance I ALREADY PAID

Parham93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Hope everyone is well.

I've been on the phone to an agent of Paypals for about 30minutes and it feels like i was talking to a wall. Here's the details of what's happened:

- early december 2020 I sold a pair of jordans on Ebay for £99. I sent the item and everything then the balance (£99) came onto my Paypal balance and I transferred it to my bank.

- few days later I got an email about a dispute regarding my item because the buyer said they received an empty box, disputed it and somehow won even though I know fully well I was scammed because there's no way i could have sent an empty box (apart from saying so myself) cause all packages are weighted and checked before being processed and sent... and useless Ebay customer service did jack about it. anyways...

- Ebay requested i refund the buyer and I refused, so them and paypal took it upon themselves to refund the buyer and my Paypal balance went down to

-£99.

- I didn't think much of it and decided to sort it out in due time, which came to be 17th December, where I had to pay an artist for a piece they made for me ($200). 

- When i came to make that $200 payment, Paypal prompt came up that due to my account being on minus£99, I'd have to pay that off as part of the transaction, so i'd have to pay the equivalent of £250 to clear my -£99 balance and make the $200 payment. Therefore, I did just that and have my bank statement to prove it too.

- I thought all was well until today where I see the £99 balance on my paypal credit which had nothing to do with this whole dispute/transaction (and the £99 i paid to clear my paypal balance before is shown on my transactions as a credit payment from my Paypal credit) and so its added as £99 owed on my Paypal Credit account now.

I don't know what kind of flawed system you have running Paypal but I have too much going on atm to be able to fight with yall. I see this as a scam in broad day and I expect you to sort it out asap.

Thank y'all for your time, Parham

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.