Paypal Case Resolution

Cazlily32
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer opened a case on Ebay on Wednesday for return of Omega wristwatch claiming it as fake, immediately closed it on Ebay then instantly opened it via Paypal. He sent some very threatening msgs on Ebay and Googled my business etc and then named people in  my household and address saying he would ruin us and our business. I sent him links via Paypal msgs from official Omega website proving watch was 100% genuine.

He insisted that he would post watch back the watch next day to me via Special Delivery & demanded full refund incl. postage. Since the case had jus been opened I asked him to wait until Paypal had responded to our case and advised him NOT to send the watch back.

He posted watch back next day so postman attempted delivery Fri morning and REFUSED it at door and was returned to sender. This info was recorded on Royal Mail tracking system clearly.

The case was then ruled in the buyers favor and he was refunded his £350 7 days later the following Fri. The package that had gone back to him showed attempted delivery on Thurs and they left a card for him. After that the buyer went into local depot and collected the package on Saturday morning despite getting his full refund from Paypal on the Fri.

He then left Negative feedback on my account on Sat. " Dishonest seller, fake watch which is now LOST in post!" Tracking number now clearly shows his signature and collection time etc from his local depot.

I rung Paypal explaining all this...that the buyer now has his full refund AND has collected and kept my watch! Paypal guy was very unhelpful and just said I should not have REFUSED to accept the package when he sent it to me.

I appealed their decission and they still ruled in his favour...and said I should NOT have refused the package.

Ebay on the other hand have been very helpfull and are shocked by the threats he sent me. They have also removed his negative feedback from my account and blocked him from all my auctions etc.

What can I do next as the postal depot in London where buyer collected watch have confirmed that he collected watch in person and provided ID as their requirement to get the package. I was lucky enough to speak to shop assistant that actually dealt with this package himself so clearly remembers all details.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cazlily32

He would always win a dispute as he could provide a tracking number to show he sent the item back to you, it was your choice to refuse it allowing it to be sent back to the buyer as a 'free gift' as he had already been refunded.

Your only option appears to be small claims court but as it was you that refused to have the item back and the buyer could not do anymore to get it back to you then you may lose that as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.