Paypal Balance Transfer

KatzCes
Contributor
Contributor

in May of 2020 and we opened our PayPal business account to receive the payment of our first transaction. We shipped the materials and the payment was sent from our customer for the amount of $2,770.19 USD but before we could link our business bank account we received a notification that said: "After a review, we've decided to permanently limit your account due to potential risk. You’ll not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money. Reference ID: PP-L-235050787138" After not being able to speak with anyone at customer service we patiently waited for 180 days. This period has already passed (ended December 26 2020) and we received an email notification saying that “our funds are now eligible for withdrawal” but we’re not able to link our business bank account since our account is permanently limited, so there’s no way to withdraw the funds and there doesn’t seem to be a way to request a check from PayPal to be sent to our business address via regular mail. I have sent emails, called the available lines and always find a dead end. Please help. $2,770.19 is a lot of money for us

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KatzCes 

You can normally withdraw via any linked bank account / card already on your permanently limited account. I don't think you can add a funding source to that account.

So your best option is to contact customer services and ask them to link a card for you OR send you a cheque with the balance in the post as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-get-money-out-of-my-paypal-account-faq2316

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.