Paypal Account Limited for No Valid Reason !

latifaKM212
Contributor
Contributor
Hello,

A week ago my account was limited and I was asked to provide some information: picture of ID card, utility bills, invoices and tracking infos. It's been 5 months that I'm using it and I'm taking my business very seriously. 
I provided each of these and more. I uploaded the picture of my ID card with the address of my business on it. I uploaded tracking infos for the items that  I shipped the next day and the invoices that I sent via e-mail because I could not upload them on the website due to some technical bugs. Each invoice was stamped by the company seal of my supplier and proved the availability of the stock. I also called Paypal to make sure that this e-mail was well received, some agent said yes. Now I'm surprised to get my Paypal permanently closed for no reason. No reason was explained, I don't sell Trademark products I don't sell illegal items I don't steal or rob, no VPN or fake papers. This is a legit business and they are closing it for no reason and without giving any explanation. I'm working very hard to make that business work, My customers are happy and they are returning customers. I'm very afraid to open another one because I'm sure they will close it again. I feel like that no matter how legit I am they gonna stop it. I really don't feel protected by Paypal as a seller and this is a very hard turn in my life. I wish there was another alternative to Paypal really. Can someone help?

Thank you
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

latifaKM212
Contributor
Contributor

If you read my message you can see that I provided every proof necessary and I did everything to keep my seller performance high then I got permanently limited for no reason. They sent an e-mail to say it's for security reason and they will held my money for 180 days but WHYY ???

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@latifaKM212

No idea, sorry, you can ask them but its unlikely they will go into detail.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SlimShadySkip
New Community Member

I am currently dealing with the same issue.  My Paypal account was "Limited" for no good reason.  Even worse,  it all started when a customer of mine tried to Scam "ME"...   I do understand that the nature of the item I was selling  >  "Can" be looked at as  Falling into one of their categories of (Possibly doing something I was not supposed to be doing)  but if you look at it subjectively.  You will see that I really was not doing anything wrong.

I was selling US Paper Currency.  To be exact,  I was selling US $100 Bills for $139.99.   The bills I was selling and the reason I was selling them for an Increase value  was because they had  "FANCY"  or  Rare   Serial #'s    such as  Radar's   (ie:  BH74688647A)  or  Others like  (BH88800808A)  or  (BH55880005A)  or  (BH44422442A)   Etc....      There are plenty of other people selling US Currency on Ebay   (Old Notes,  Special Notes, Error Notes etc.)  And it is NOT Against Policies.

BUT,   I had a customer who had purchased two $100 Notes from me for the $139.99ea   Shipped Next Day with Signature Confirmation.   He was happy with the purchase and left me Positive Feedback.

A couple weeks later,  He messaged me to let me know he was going to make another purchase.   Which he did.  He purchased 3 more $100 Notes from me for the $139.99ea  and I again shipped them Next Day with Signature Confirmation.  

Tracking showed that the second delivery was made successfully the very next day and that he (Same person)  once again  Signed for them.

But this time,  He filed a paypal dispute saying that he never received them and wanted his money back.   Clear Cut  Attempt to Scam me out of $300.

The only thing I could find in Paypals "Acceptable Use Policy"  (Which is what they say I violated)  is Section 3, Subsection (H)  which states:  "Relate to Transactions that" > involve currency exchanges or check cashing businesses.     But,   "Really"   isnt this a Huge Stretch  to  find me guilty of This Policy?  For what I was selling?    This seems completely Wrong to me.

Now,  I havent had a chance to speak to  Paypal about it yet.   I have been in and out of the Hospital for the better part of the last year and this initially happened in December of last year.   But I am home now,  I am getting back on my Feet.   I am not even looking to Start Selling on Ebay again  (let alone paper currency) at all.   Yet I would still like to be able to have my Paypal account for sending $ to family and making easy purchases on ebay and online with other retailers who accept them as form of payment.   I will be trying to contact them as soon as I can now and really hope that Common Sense and Normal Judgement will Win Out...

One thing,  and this is why I found your post...

I did not have a gift card attached to my Paypal Account "Before" it was Limited.   BUT,  now that it "IS" Limited,  I am trying to make a purchase on Ebay.   I initially was using my Regular Debit Card from Chase Bank and it was working just fine to make purchases even tho my Paypal Account was "Limited"   but all of a sudden they started telling me that the "Transaction could not be processed"   So today  (knowing I needed to purchase some items on Ebay)  I grabbed 4ea $25 Ebay Gift Cards from my local Fry's Grocery Store while doing some Shopping.   they are NOT "Paypal Gift Cards"  they are  EBAY Gift Cards.    Yet,   it will not let me use them for the purchase without first logging into my Paypal Account and when it sees that my Paypal Account is "Limited"  it will Not let me finish the Checkout Process.     This is absolutely Frustrating as like I stated.  These are  ""EBAY"" Gift Cards.   Why can I not use them to make a Purchase on Ebay???   Ridiculous...

John <removed>

"SlimShadySkip"

Maricopa, Az

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.