Paypal Account Limitation Nightmare

steve98654
New Community Member

Hi all, 

We have recently encountered a bit of a nightmare situation with Paypal who has limited our account and prevented us from transferring money out of the account to fund our business for the past three months.  We have received a number of document requests additional followup requests for additional information.  We have responded to all quickly with the requested information but have always received what appear to be automated rejection responses that are vague and uninformative.  

We have called customer service several times who are equally unhelpful and say there is nothing they can do other than file a ticket with their "back office" but never provide contact information for someone who we can speak to directly to resolve this problem. 

We feel like we are being **bleep** around with here and as this point Paypal has wasted several dozen hours of our employee's time which amounts to a few thousand dollars in costs for our business.  Has anyone else been in a similar situation and if so, how did you resolve?  

At this point it seems there is nothing further we can do than start legal proceedings to recover our funds and expenses.  Looking forward to hearing you comments; A case number on our emails is:  PP-007-380-214-181 RXI000

Best,

Steve

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Like any large corporation, sometimes the help you get depends on who you happen to get on the phone. I've had luck in the past politely requesting to "escalate my call to manager".

They usually just send you to another random rep, not necessarily a manager, but the new person might be more experienced and be able to help you. It's no guarantee, of course, but just a tip I've had success with before.

As for the situation at hand, we'd need more detail about your products/services, history with PayPal, platform(s) you're selling on, etc. to try and help figure out what might have gone wrong here.

For the payment holds, has it already been 180 days?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Winview
New Community Member

Same situation, and telephone receptionist just states they have millions to deal with and you have to get in line, what a joke.

if we ran our businesses  in the same manner, someone like Trump, would nuke us without exception, what a ridiculous situation. I will be pulling out of dealing with PayPal if that’s they want to work, it’s not my problem, it’s theres and they need to get on top of it.

Login to Me Too

EricWinchester
Contributor
Contributor
So was this ever resolved? I need to find out how so I can get them to release my funds as well. I was hoping there would be like a phone number to the account limitations department or something....
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.