Paypal Account Hacked & Transferred Money to Another Account... Fraud Case

jjj_designs
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Does anyone have experience dealing with PayPal's security policy/fraud reporting system? I noticed a very expensive charge on my checking account and reported it to the bank immediately and I'm having trouble proving to them it was in fact a scam, what more can I tell them than the fact it wasn't me who authorized the payment??? I'm also reaching out to the fraud reporting portal here in Paypal, does anyone have experience on how these resolutions go? what information do I need? Will PayPal work with me given that my account was stolen/hacked? I noticed the individual who the transfer was sent to is listed as Non-US - Verified, which  means they're verified outside of the US. Is this enough proof that I didn't initiate that transfer? Any help on the topic would be greatly appreciated. It was a sizeable amount and with covid going on (and my business closed) this is absolutely devastating. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.