Paypal* <removed> LU

lemon-coffee
New Community Member

I believe I am not the first one have this issues. An unrecogonized transaction £194.49 has been taken from my bank account with the description "Paypal Chinateleco LU". When I contacted the customer serivce, the staff sounds knows this situation very well. But when I asked why so many people have his issue, she answered: "I have no idea. We have to trace and check." Repeat over and over again! 

I registed my paypal in 2011 and have never used it for shopping, and not even login to my account for ages. I cannot remember my password, and have to change a new one today to longin and check my transaction history. However the customer service lady said I modified my paypal account on 1st June which was exactly the date of the strange transaction! 

Furthermore, I used my Natwest bank to register, but the trasaction was taken from my Santandar account! How can Paypal get my Santandar details, as I did not add or modify my profile? Even if someone stole my card which is still in my walt safely, how can he get into my paypal account so easily, and modify my information? And when I logon to my account, all details are still the same? This is very unormal, and I need a expaination! How can paypal make this happen so many times on your customer? How can I trust you again? 

Dear paypal staffs, please do not say you are not ware of this situation happens again and again! Search "<removed>" and you will find how long the result list will be! 

Login to Me Too
76 REPLIES 76

daisychristabel
New Community Member

PAYPAL *TOGETHERFO
<removed>

That appeared on my bank transactions and I never made this payment. I have not made a payment to anyone but a couple of regular people. This is not anything I recognise. I believe my account was hacked. How do I get it refunded? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

You need tpo report the transaction as unauthorised through your PayPal account. You can report it through the follow the process:

Here's how to report an unauthorised transaction:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Resolution Centre' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'Dispute a Transaction.'
  4. Select 'Unauthorised transaction: I did not authorise a recent transaction.' and click 'Continue.'
  5. Follow the steps to report the transaction.

Once confirmed unauthorised then the funds can be returned

Login to Me Too

iloveroman
New Community Member

Hi 

I have a debit on my bank account with this transaction number attached, debited via Paypal.

PAYPAL , *DOPPLEDOBBL , <removed>

It does not appear in my paypal transactions list and the company doesn't appear in a google search.  I didn't make this payment.

This is obivously really worrying for me!! Who do I contact?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Read the post above yours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

IainH
New Community Member

I think you miss the point, @iloveroman says "It does not appear in my paypal transactions list" so there's no ppint in reporting a transaction that didn't go through PayPal to PayPal. I've had the same appear on my card only it's under the name "PAYPAL *SSINTERNATI" and then quotes the same Irish +<removed> number plus "LUX L2449" which is PayPal Luxembourg's postal address.

I will take this up with my card issuer as PayPal can't sort a transaction that didn't go via them.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi IainH,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

If you are seeing a payment on your statement that doesn't correspond to a payment listed on your account, it's best that you give us a quick ring toll free by clicking 'contact us' at the bottom of your account.

On the call we will do a quick search for the transaction using you card details and if it is a payment that you don't recognise, we'll happily investigate it for you,

Hope the helps,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Bracci
New Community Member

That's not true, i have had the same thing happen to me, and what has happened is that someone else has set up a paypal account using my bnk details and made transactions with it, therefore it will show up on your bank statement but not your paypal account as it's not your paypal account that has made the transactions. 

Login to Me Too

exposito

Hello

Money was taken from my bank account that I never paid  
on ‎2014 - 06 - 11

PAYPAL <removed> LUX

That appeared on my bank transactions and I never made this payment.

At the same day I have made a Mastercard payement to *LE COAM-VIN.

I did not made a payment to PAYPAL <removed> LUX and did not ask to "Paypall" to take money from my account.

If "LE COAM-VIN" wants to work with your servioces than they have to pay there fees themselves.

I see it like "STOLEN MONEY", and want it back asap.

Login to Me Too

UATS
New Community Member

Hi,

I too have just trying to work out why I have, what appear to be, PayPal transactions on my company's bank statement, and yet they do not appear in my PayPal statement.  In our case, the transactions appear to be items that we have purchased from traders through eBay.  I'm thinking that eBay now has some sort of arrangement with its traders, where they deduct the amount from buyers accounts, on behalf of their traders, and then credit the traders.  The common reference <removed>, may simply be the eBay PayPal account reference.  These transactions are therefore nothing to do with our PayPal account.

I'm wondering if this might be a similar situation for you?

Kind regards,

Steve <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.