Payments

MT2062
New Community Member

I am selling an item on craigs list and the buyer is asking for my email and also wants to add shipping money so that i can pay the shipper on pick-up ofm iterm.  Is this a concern?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi MT2062,

Good question - a buyer would pay you using your PayPal email, however when selling on Craigslist, there can be many scams. In particular, these scams typically include the buyer saying they will pay you extra, then have you pay their shipping company. This is typically an attempt to get money from you without actually paying for an item. I would definitely advise caution, and to ensure you have money in your account before completing the sale. Also, there would be no seller protection if you're unable to prove delivery of the item. It may be better to only accept cash for your item. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.