Payments Frozen Because Under 18

ryanlittle
New Community Member

Hello,

I am 6 days away from turning 18. I did not know I had to be 18 to have an account and have sales that are pending right now, but when I tried to update my account, my account got frozen and I can no longer make transactions. Will I be able to get the money from these transactions in 6 days once I turn 18? Or do I need to refund the money.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ryanlittle 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.

That account is basically fried BUT when you are 18 you would need to contact customer services and ask if they will allow you to open a new account and if so request a transfer of your funds from the old to the new account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ryanlittle
New Community Member

So what happens if I have sales pending in the account right now? Is there no way of me getting that money? Do I need to refund the buyers?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.