Payment

Jsiu6622
Contributor
Contributor
How do I start a dispute/ case for a payment I have sent someone for his service of buying me something but he’s blocked and ignored me on everything?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Click the details link for the transaction in your PayPal activity log. In there you'll see a link to file a dispute.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Jsiu6622
Contributor
Contributor
I forgot to mention that the transaction was a friend transaction since the person has instructed me to as he stated that he needed the money for in order to buy.
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Unfortunately, that's not good. Friends and Family transactions are not covered by Buyer Protection and cannot be disputed. This is exactly why fraudsters want you to send money that way.

I hope the amount was not large..?? You may have to chalk this one up to a lesson learned, and remember to NEVER send people payments that way unless it truly is a friend or family that you're sending some personal cash to.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Jsiu6622
Contributor
Contributor
It was unfortunately a large amount, but I have proof of the transaction and the scam
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jsiu6622

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.

Your only hope is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately again as it was a 'gift' of money they may decline as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.