Payment

Rupertjohson09
Contributor
Contributor

I need your help folks So I’m trying to get a ticket for a gig via the power of the internet! Sold out so answered to someone, selling on the discussion page, agree a price and sent the cash via PayPal? Didn’t receive anything, via email as it’s meant to be an e-ticket? So messaged the guy an the clown tried to say I had confirm I’d received for him to draw the money out with sounds like utter bollocks as this also stops me from claiming back my money ! Scam or not?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
How did you send the payment? Did you use Friends and Family?

If not, you can file an "item not received" dispute and the seller will have to provide a tracking number that proves it was delivered. If they can't, you should get your money back.

If you did send it via Friends and Family, well, there's nothing you can do. 😞

Friends and Family payments are not covered by Buyer Protection.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Rupertjohson09
Contributor
Contributor
Luckily I did it as business transaction, I was just concerned that he wanted me to confirm it when I’d not received anything? If the payment was sent then they no doubt recived it! And by confirming it I’d lose any chance of reclaiming it?
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Okay, well yeah, if you have not received anything don't do anything that says you have.

Based on that I'd probably go ahead and file the dispute if he doesn't deliver right away.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Rupertjohson09
Contributor
Contributor
Ok thanks for the advice I’ll do that as soon as I can and have a good whatever you do👍🏻
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.