Payment taken from deleted account

KHaynes1
Contributor
Contributor

So I wanted to buy a bed on Paypal credit However when I went to the checkout that was not an option As I knew I didn’t have sufficient funds I left the transaction and went on to email the company to ensure they cancelled my order However Paypal accessed the deleted acc and now I have a bed I do not want and no longer need Despite the fact that Paypal agree that account was deleted Am I responsible for the cost of the return? (Approx£60) I cannot afford this and the co in Question have refused to give me information on either their courier or the size and weight of the item (a metal bed frame) I am a widow I do not drive and while obviously I can measure the packages I have no idea if they are within the limits of Parcelforce guidelines so even if I did pay they might refuse collection I feel as Paypal allied payment to go through without permission of the cardholder they should pay for return at least if not issue a refund The problem is the deleted account is not mine but belongs to a friend who wanted me to order something on eBay for her using her card PAYPAL HAVE CONFIRMED HOWEVER THIS CARD HAD BEEN DELETED The bank will not get involved at this stage Neither will anyone speak to me because it’s not my name on the card I have raised a dispute and my friend is coming tomorrow to give me permission to give out information Any ideas? NB I did check Paypal do come under U.K. banking regulations I am tempted to cut my losses and sell it locally collection only below cost

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.