cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment taken by Conde Nast

Highlighted
Contributor

Payment taken by Conde Nast

Has anyone else been fleeced by Conde Nast for The New Yorker Magazine? I signed up for a 12 week subscription for £7.93 but they have taken £125.00 from my account without emailing me first as they said they would. I have cancelled but PayPal are disputing that it was unauthorised.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Payment taken by Conde Nast

@fizzle7 

If it was a subscription you set up then as far as paypal are concerned you authorised the payment so any dispute for unauthorised would be closed.

Check if you had a subscription set up...

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Highlighted
Contributor

Same happened to me. Just call them. 

I called and they agreed to reverse the charge they did on the card. I will see if it actually happens but the person I spoke with agreed to reverse the charge to the credit card 

Highlighted
Contributor

Yes - the New Yorker definitely fooled us! I’m going to ask for refund as this was not clear to me that I would be charged this $.
Highlighted
New Community Member

Yes! It has happened to me twice! What a hassle! I have "cancelled" whatever it is they think I signed up for & it keeps happening anyway! So **bleep**!

Highlighted
New Community Member

Just wanted to add to this that I was also charged $32 from this company for a Vanity Fair subscription I never ordered. In contact with the company now, so far all they’ve told me is that my subscription was “auto renewed” but I have never once in my life paid for/ received a charge for Vanity Fair. Hoping to get it refunded, I overdraft cause of this.