Payment returned to buyer

Hunter500
Contributor
Contributor
So.. Paypal returned £800 from my account to the buyer all because I never confirmed my email address for my account??? When I contacted Paypal they said contact the buyer and ask them to resend it.. Guess what.. buyer refused to resend it and I’m £800 at a loss with no where to go because eBay can’t do anything about it apparently!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hunter500 

If you didn't confirm your address then the payment would not have completed and would show as unclaimed in the senders paypal account.

If it remained like that at 30 days post sending then it would automatically revert back to the sender.

However as you did not receive the money in the first place then you would not have sent the goods so just relist or sell the item again?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hunter500 

If you didn't confirm your address then the payment would not have completed and would show as unclaimed in the senders paypal account.

If it remained like that at 30 days post sending then it would automatically revert back to the sender.

However as you did not receive the money in the first place then you would not have sent the goods so just relist or sell the item again?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hunter500
Contributor
Contributor
Not as simple.. The buyer made payment via PayPal. Once the funds were showing as received in my account I authorised the collection of the item. I left the money in the account as I didn’t want to be charged for withdrawal, so decided to leave it in there for future payments! Then after a month I received a email from Paypal informing me that the money has been returned to the buyer! Thinking this would be easily resolved, it wasn’t and I was told Paypal could do nothing about it and it was down to eBay to resolve! The buyer then ignored all communication and then took the route of saying the item was not as described to decline resending the money. Paypal should have not returned the funds to the buyer without resolving a basic account query with me first!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hunter500 

You should never use paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you would lose the dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hunter500
Contributor
Contributor
I’m not going to respond to that as it’s a different subject altogether. The original subject that Paypal returned the payment to the buyer still remains inexplicable
Login to Me Too

gzebrows

I have exactly the same problem. The buyer paid via paypal (and provided me a paypal transaction report as verification), but the payment never went to my paypal account....and the buyer said their payment was returned!!! 

I talked live to an ebay representative, and they advised that I need to "fully verify" my paypal account to assure payments can be received. So, I sent a message to paypal and they said they would get back to me in 2 hours......that was 4 hours ago!!!

And what's really strange is that all of my ebay PURCHASES are being properly debited from my paypal account!!! So......money can flow out of my paypal account to pay ebay, but money cannot flow from ebay into my paypal account!!!!

This is ridiculous and frustrating........and I am without a solution. Thanks a lot paypal!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.