Payment request received unknown originator

bodhisma
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to report this from my pending transactions, but the resolution centre won't process it.

Message received as follows:

"Dear Amazon VIP Users,to give back to our regular customers, our shop is now carrying out the sales promotion activity,You only need to pay 9€ for packaging and shipping,you will get an extra gift worth of 25. 99€,We will deliver it before Christmas. Activity Deadline: December 15th."

What can I do about it? TIA

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jp_fal
Contributor
Contributor

To remove this request:

Click the Activity Log and where it says 'This Request is waiting' click on 'cancel'.
A message appears, "Are you sure you want to cancel this request? If so, we’ll take care of it and send a notification to *****."

Click on the blue 'Cancel' button.
This message will appear, 'This request has been cancelled. You'll see it in your Completed transactions soon.'

note: You may be able to see the email address that requested the transaction in a message below the cancellation info e.g. 'Request received from***** emailaddress[at]outlook[dot]jp

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bodhisma

What does Amazon have to do with Paypal? Confused !

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bodhisma
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly! I have no idea where this is from or why. My problem is that I can't delete it or report it.

Login to Me Too

doniem
Contributor
Contributor
I have the exact same payment request, obviously a scam but can't get rid of it or report it.
Login to Me Too
Solved

jp_fal
Contributor
Contributor

To remove this request:

Click the Activity Log and where it says 'This Request is waiting' click on 'cancel'.
A message appears, "Are you sure you want to cancel this request? If so, we’ll take care of it and send a notification to *****."

Click on the blue 'Cancel' button.
This message will appear, 'This request has been cancelled. You'll see it in your Completed transactions soon.'

note: You may be able to see the email address that requested the transaction in a message below the cancellation info e.g. 'Request received from***** emailaddress[at]outlook[dot]jp

Login to Me Too

bodhisma
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, it worked! 

Login to Me Too

Minabcn
Contributor
Contributor
How to avoid the same problem in the future? I got 1 payment request last month and the second today from the same person that i don't know. It's getting annoying. Is there the way to block him? He is a scammer!
Login to Me Too

Ariane5
New Community Member

Same here, same text, but different sender. Some Tomasz <removed> wants 9 euros to cover for shipping costs. Googled the name, came back a Polish bank director....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.