Payment pending - fraudulent seller

Lisa3333
Contributor
Contributor
Hello all, I made the mistake of ordering a product for my daughter's birthday from what turned out to be a dodgy website. The payment is pending. Is there a way to be reimbursed quicker than waiting 30 days for paypal to cancel the transaction? A pending transaction doesn't qualify to be disputed so I'm stuck waiting. TIA for any help.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lisa3333 

Sadly not, if there is not a cancel option (unlikely) then just hope it times out 30 days post payment and is not captured by the site and your order processed when you would have to make a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lisa3333 

Sadly not, if there is not a cancel option (unlikely) then just hope it times out 30 days post payment and is not captured by the site and your order processed when you would have to make a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mommacc
New Community Member
The payment was made through family and friends but paypal failed to alert me that a transaction made through this section is not covered. That in itself is fraud. I am highly dissatisfied with their answer even though I contacted them within two hours of the transaction.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.