Payment dispute

KristyLynn2
New Community Member
I have a payment dispute for an event I scheduled. I scheduled in December 2018 for an event in March 2019. The event was postponed to June 2019 without notice. I decided to attend the June 2019 event. This event was also postponed. I've messaged the person in charge of the event, filled out a refund request form and they've stoped responding to emails. Paypal is denying the dispute since it's out of the 180 day time frame. I was paying through paypal to be sure my transactions were secure and backed by paypal. I can noonger trust paypal to follow through on their end and have protection from people scamming money from me.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KristyLynn2 

Paypal clearly says in its buyer protection policy that you are covered up to 180 days.

This is the same (and sometimes more) than most credit cards give you.

Paypal gives you 'some' buyer protection and the rest is up to you to risk assess your transaction.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then you can try a chargeback via your card issuer but due to the length of time they may deny you as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.