Payment dispute with urban outfitters and paypal.

MaconKelso
Contributor
Contributor

So I purchased a rug from urban outfitters with my PayPal account however when I completed the payment I got an error on the urban outfitter's site saying that my PayPal didn't work. I thought this was weird since I had the money so I went on my PayPal account and found out that the money paid for the rug was sent to urban outfitters but my order still didn't go through on their website didn't go through. My issue is that I have no proof that urban outfitters will send me the rug or if they just took my money. How would i go about finding a solution to this?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

jamesabbatt
Contributor
Contributor

Did you find a solution to this problem? ive just had the same thing happen to me. I purchased a jacket and the money was taken from my account by Paypal but UO havent confirmed my order?!?!?!?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jamesabbatt 

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending (with a clearance date).......echeque.
2. Pending/Unclaimed with a cancel option.....wrong email address, non existant.
3. Pending/Unclaimed withOUT a cancel option......will time out at 30 days post payment if unclaimed.
4. Payment or Sent.....completed to the seller, if they don't send then open a dispute for non receipt of item.

5. Pending awaiting authorisation.....gone to a merchant and will complete when they process your order.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jamesabbatt
Contributor
Contributor
It says “pending awaiting authorisation”
Login to Me Too

rivershan1
The same thing happened to me today and I notice the same status on the PayPal side of things. Commenting to follow post.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rivershan1 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.